Editing Hd Footage - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 9th, 2007, 03:30 AM   #31
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Gibbs
The Quadro cards also support additional OpenGL calls which may not be supported in the GeForce drivers.
Yeah, but it's just a driver thing. There's no reason a 8800 geforce couldn't be able to technically perform all those little tricks. If memory bandwidth is the be-all-end-all then the 8800 series has something going on as the gtx has about 86.4 gb/s. Compared to the highest quadro fx 5500 which has about 33.6 gb/s.

But ofcourse memory bandwidth doesn't correlate to "business" performance whatever that is. Video editing doesn't really utilise those specific opengl calls anyway. They are for 3d-work.
Mikko Lopponen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 02:04 PM   #32
Trustee

HDV editing testing results!

So Joe and I got together last night to do some HDV testing on the new crazy fast PC and some HDV footage...

Here are some results:

We dropped two video clips 1440 x 1080 60i 29.97 fps similar in size to the Vegas 7 timeline. One clip was captured directly to the hard drive in the M2T format using Vegas. The second clip was captured with a trial version of Cineform (Prospect HD 1.5kpbs 24 bit 29.97).

Using the "Preview/Best" viewer setting:

Test One: Both files played perfectly on the timeline without any change in preview frame rate.

Test Two: Added yellow tint, brightness/contrast & glow filters. M2T played back at about 23fps average. The Cineform file much less at about 19fps average.

Conclusions is: WTF???

Isn't Cineform suppose to yield a 4X increase in performance? Anyone have any ideas we can try again?
Dennis Hingsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 01:48 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Using NewTek's SpeedEdit on my core2duo 2.33 macbook pro 15" with the external display connected to a dell 24" 2407 monitor, I can do 2 streams of hdv with color correction and a DVE applied to the second one and a title overlay in real time monitoring at full resolution. :) I just love it :)
Luis de la Cerda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series