A1 good enough for weddings - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old December 21st, 2006, 02:15 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong
A Wedding Highlight Reel shot entirely with the HC1, you can judge the quality for yourself in comparision to 3 chip cameras.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=81781

Please ignore my first post regarding download instructions see post#6 for simple instructions.
Nice footage Michael. I didn't care for all the flash transitions, but jsut my opinion. Personally speaking, you can't compare just based on the number of chips a camera has. Put a 3 CCD in the hands of a total noobie and it can look worse than a pro with a 1st generation 1 chipper. CMOS and CCD are different animals, both having different advantages/disadvantages...

Your 2 part highlight just showcased how a 1 chip CMOS camera can knock the socks off of some 3CCD cams out there. Good job!
Old December 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Cloninger
Nice footage Michael. I didn't care for all the flash transitions, but jsut my opinion. Personally speaking, you can't compare just based on the number of chips a camera has. Put a 3 CCD in the hands of a total noobie and it can look worse than a pro with a 1st generation 1 chipper. CMOS and CCD are different animals, both having different advantages/disadvantages...
Agreed I went overboard on the flash transitions & I will look out for that in the future.

And I 100% agree that it's never the wand, but the magician. When shooting 3chip vs 1chip cameras in good light the average viewer will not notice a significant technical difference in picture quality & from there on it's up to the skills of the videographer and not the camera that will ultimately make the video work or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome Cloninger
Your 2 part highlight just showcased how a 1 chip CMOS camera can knock the socks off of some 3CCD cams out there. Good job!
Thank you! Altho I did purchase an XH-A1 for lowlight/indoors work, my trusty HC1 will still remain my primary workhorse for outdoors work.

BTW Jerome I checked out ur site, the xmas eve wedding trailer was great!

Last edited by Michael Y Wong; December 28th, 2006 at 12:31 AM.
Michael Y Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Y Wong
BTW Jerome I checked out ur site, the xmas eve wedding trailer was great!
Thanks! Would you believe me when I tell you I had that up that night?
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM   #19
New Boot

Jerome,

I'm really impressed with your work, very nice job on the clips. If I may ask, what software editing suite are using, that you can achieve such great results in such a short timeframe (like the X-mas clip that you did the same night). Vegas, Premiere, Avid???
Alex Goldshteyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Goldshteyn
Jerome,

I'm really impressed with your work, very nice job on the clips. If I may ask, what software editing suite are using, that you can achieve such great results in such a short timeframe (like the X-mas clip that you did the same night). Vegas, Premiere, Avid???
Thanks Alex. I'm using Vegas 7. I have a pretty slick workflow for making trailers "fast"... similar to how people do SDE's without a DTE device. When I get one of those puppies, I'll spit them out in about an hour.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series