Matte Box on the A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old December 13th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Matte Box on the A1

I was having a look on the Petrol website (http://www.petrolbags.com/new_petrol_site/) when I came across a matte box and filters on the end of a Sony HVR-A1 (the actual photo is under the "accessories" tab - sorry I can't seem to link to it). Can anyone tell me what model this is? Has anyone used a mattebox on their A1? If so, how have you found it to be?

Thanks
Andrew Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Not 100% sure but I think that's a Chrosziel 3x3
Min Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #3
Trustee

Cavision has matte boxes for the A1U. I ordered kit for my XH-G1, and included in the box was a product brochure and they had a pict of one attached to an A1. Looked pretty cool. (They also had some custom risers to deal with the bottom tape eject issue, and other neat handling gear).

I'd send them an email and they will tell you which part numbers are needed and the cost.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #4
New Boot

I have the CAVISION matte box system and spacer you're describing for my A1U (see pictures attached). I've been extremely happy with it in the short time I used it. Very rigid and well-made (esp. with the optional metal back mount), considering the price.

(Coincidentally, the same camera, matte box, lens and other accessories are currently for sale in the Private Classifieds forum).

Steve R
Attached Thumbnails
Matte Box on the A1-a1-1.jpg   Matte Box on the A1-a1-2.jpg  

Matte Box on the A1-a1-3.jpg   Matte Box on the A1-a1-4.jpg  

Steve Rolufs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series