HDR-SR1 and MAC PRO at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 1st, 2007, 01:53 AM   #1
Tourist

HDR-SR1 and MAC PRO

Does anyone have a streamlined procedure for uploading video with audio to a mac? Right now I connect the HDR-SR1 to the MAC and it sees it as a hard drive. I then drag and drop the MPG to the MAC hard drive. Next I convert it to an avi using "MPEG Streamclip 1.7" so the audio is no longer muxed (quicktime dislikes muxed audio). Now the file is useable and can be added to iMovie HD. Does anyone have an easier way of doing this? I am not sure if Final Cut Pro would solve this problem but the software is too expensive for me right now, and Vegas is not compatable with MACS.
Raul Cisneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2007, 06:44 PM   #2
Major Player

So you managed to find a way to make it work. That's good progress. Does it take too long, is it too much work?

I really don't have a solution, but I think this might be a good project for Brad Wright, the guy that owns this company:

http://www.dvdxdv.com/

I would email them and ask if they have a solution for this problem.

This thread probably should have been in the "AVCHD Format Discussion" sub-forum though.
Jeff DeMaagd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series