A couple of Kenko lenses - can they be used with HDV? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 19th, 2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Trustee

A couple of Kenko lenses - can they be used with HDV?

I bought a couple of inexpensive lenses from Kenko for my mini-dv at one point, but now that I have the HC1, I wonder if they will work well with my HDV camera?
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Major Player

Dave,

Give them a try, but don't expect success. HDV MUST have good glass. I threw out my cheap lenses. A good compromise are the Raynox HDV lenses - not bad and reasonably priced - I have two that I use on my A1 and am more than happy with. THe 2.2x tele and the 0.5x WA. Have not compared to the Sony WA however.

All the best,

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series