DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   connection problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/88658-connection-problems.html)

Terry Teter March 10th, 2007 09:08 PM

connection problems

The only way to export the HD signal from the A1 is from the IEEE or I-link cable. I want to get that HD signal into a Sharp 52 inch LCD 1080p tv.

The TV accepts HDMI, Component, and DVI inputs. I thought when I bought it that I could I-link into a PC and then export to TV via DVI, but the best resolution the TV will accept through a PC is 1280 x 1024.

Is this the best option I have or is there a better way to get the footage from the A1J to LCD in full HD? Blue-Ray or HD-DVD is not an option at this time.

Thanks,
tt

Chris Harris March 10th, 2007 09:40 PM

You can use the component cable to connect your camera to the TV and get the full resolution.

Terry Teter March 11th, 2007 01:38 AM

question two

Do you mean the S-Video to component (3 RCA) cable that was included with the camera?

I thought the manual stated that the S-Video was down converted and the only way to export a true HD signal was the firewire port?

tt

Chris Harris March 11th, 2007 02:20 AM

The port you are thinking of says "AV Out", the component port says "Component Out". I'm not sure whether your camera came with the cable or not, however. It's the one with the red, green, and blue ends.

Alan Craig March 11th, 2007 03:35 AM

Hello all, the A1 does come with a component lead with red green and blue phono plugs on one end and a "D" plug on the other which plugs into the back end of the cam next to battery compartment hope that sorts your problem.
Regards Alan

Terry Teter March 11th, 2007 10:48 AM

Many Thanks

That solves my problem! Thanks all.

For all of the time I have owned this camera and numerious time reading the manual, I was under the false asumtion that both of those output ports there together were both downconverted to SD.

Anyway, I guess I owe Sony a few apoligies for all I have said about them lately.

Thanks again, the Seirra's have never looked so good as they did after I connected properly and ran some footage of the last snow at about 7,000 feet.

tt

James Harring March 11th, 2007 11:29 AM

Au1 output

FWIW, I did a short video of the Canadian Rockies (personal stuff) and rendered to DVD, then using Vegas "printed" the project back to the camcorder using the HDV settings.

Took the a1u and DVD to a friend's house and did an A/B comparison -- no contest! There was detail on the A1u's component output "print" that was not even close in the DVD.

I can't really afford a HDTV right now, but it's gratifying to know when I finally get one, I'll have a couple years of video to play on it! I am very excited.