DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/)
-   -   Canadian Release Date for HC7? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-a1-hdr-hc-series/89189-canadian-release-date-hc7.html)

Jack Zhang March 17th, 2007 05:57 PM

Canadian Release Date for HC7?

on Sonystyle.ca it says it'll come out on March 20th but can anyone tell me what certain retailers expect the first shipment to come to Canada?

Martin Labelle March 18th, 2007 03:07 PM

release date of sony hc-7

its already released because i had one in my hand last week in quebec city.

Jack Zhang March 18th, 2007 03:29 PM

Weird, here on the west coast none of us have one cause it's not in stock at any retailer.

Martin Labelle March 18th, 2007 03:50 PM

release date of sony hc-7

the one I saw was at la maison sony at place Laurier in quebec city
but also at LLLozeau in Montréal.

Brian P. White March 18th, 2007 06:06 PM

I bought mine at the Sony Store the first weekend in March.

Jack Zhang March 18th, 2007 09:10 PM

Lucky east coasters... We don't have it on the west coast yet.

Michael Y Wong March 18th, 2007 11:08 PM

I've played with it @ Henry's in Toronto!

Jack Zhang March 19th, 2007 02:19 AM

I guess the first shipment was for eastern Canada only... The west coast will probably get the next shipment probably coming Tuesday.

Yow Siang March 19th, 2007 08:30 PM

why not get it from BHphoto?... i think the price is very attractive and most necessary accesories are there, me located in singapore and will be buying it from them.

Jack Zhang March 19th, 2007 08:46 PM

My buying options are very limited, In fact, I can only go to one store... Future Shop. Once they have the camera, I'll get it.

Jack Zhang March 20th, 2007 11:57 PM

Well, I just found out that the Sony Store in Downtown Vancouver and Coquitlam Center have the camera... But I can't buy them there.

Edit: Well, sonystyle.ca sold out again and the next shipment's coming in May! I can't wait that long! I've been waiting nearly 3 years to buy a decent HD camcorder and my patience is running out.

Jack Zhang March 24th, 2007 10:51 PM

Sorry for triple posting but I think the reason Canada's getting a delayed shipment is because they have to make x.v.Colour stickers for the Canadian shipment. Urgh, differences in spelling...

You have the x.v.Colour sticker on your HC7?

Jack Zhang April 29th, 2007 09:39 PM

Terribly sorry for bumping this but I've learned the Sony Stores in Vancouver now have the HC5 but not the HC7. I'm getting pretty impatient...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yow Siang (Post 644585)
why not get it from BHphoto?... i think the price is very attractive and most necessary accesories are there, me located in singapore and will be buying it from them.

I'll probably get it from there if the cam doesn't arrive in Western Canada by July 1st. Sheesh, the HV20 and HD7 came before the HC7 here.

Jack Zhang May 18th, 2007 05:53 PM

Another update (boy, is this becoming a rant now...)

The Sony Store just got only 1 HC7.

Whomever nabs it is the first HC7 owner in western Canada.

I'm still hopeful that May 22 (Tuesday) is the arrival date.