Sony Mics Discontinued? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 11th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Mics Discontinued?

I noticed on the Sony websites that their Handycam microphones that you use on cameras withought mic sockets (HC3) are all listed as old products. I have also noticed that they have been listed as discontinued on several websites.

Does anyone know if Sony is going to release new versions of the mics or have they just screwed people over even more by not only providing no mic socket, but now getting rid of the sony-only mics!!!?????
I J Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Don't know anything about the Sony mics, but you can buy a tiny little adapter cube for just $20 that clips into the Sony hotshoe and has a stereo mic-in minisocket. It's called the VMCK100 and you can buy it at B&H Photo. Then you can use any microphone you want.

Do it now, as Sony has officially discontinued this item, presumably because they don't want competition for the HC7, which features a mic-in socket on the camera body.
Richard Iredale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series