Wedding shoot with HC7E at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 15th, 2007, 05:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wedding shoot with HC7E

Here is a wedding shoot with the HC7E. The audio is from the inbuilt mic which i think is rather good. Gliding shots are with the steadicam merlin.
http://weddingmtv.multiply.com/video/item/23

Your comments are welcome.

The default sharpness is abit on the soft side. but i do like it for weddings.
Yow Siang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #2
Major Player

It looks nice, what kind of stedicam you use? Some of your shots are just really well planned for example the groom getting out of the car..
I guess you didn't have photographers to interfere..
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Oleg,
There was a photographer on that day, however for such shots i usually ask the photographer to give me just a couple of seconds to let me "scan" through the car first. infact most shots i usually try my best not to interfere the photographer and the couple inorder to make it look as natural as possible.

ys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Kalyan View Post
It looks nice, what kind of stedicam you use? Some of your shots are just really well planned for example the groom getting out of the car..
I guess you didn't have photographers to interfere..
Old April 16th, 2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Major Player

Nice video Yow!

Few questions :
- which WA lens are you using?
- Which editing package? I currently am using imovie H but find it quite restrictive.
How much time have you spent using the Merlin ? How long did it take you to get to a level of proficiency that you were happy with?

thanks
Stu Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2007, 07:07 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks!

I am currently using the Sony HG0737C wide angle. Excellent quality except barrel distortion.
I am using sony vegas for editing. Pretty alright there are plenty of plug-ins available now.
As for merlin it took me about 10mins to setup and balance it on my HC7. I was using it on a FX1 before so its much easier now as HC7 is a very lighy camcorder that works beautifully on the merlin.
The toughest part in the merlin is not the balancing but its the controlling of panning, that means the ball joint is so smooth that it can swing left or right and the challenge is to keep it in the direction you want.

ys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Holmes View Post
Nice video Yow!

Few questions :
- which WA lens are you using?
- Which editing package? I currently am using imovie H but find it quite restrictive.
How much time have you spent using the Merlin ? How long did it take you to get to a level of proficiency that you were happy with?

thanks
Old April 17th, 2007, 03:23 AM   #6
Regular Crew

links changed

links has been changed to
http://weddingmtv.multiply.com/video/item/24

thanks
ys
Yow Siang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series