A1U Missing Stills? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old June 20th, 2007, 08:36 PM   #1
Trustee

A1U Missing Stills?

While I was on vacation, sort of, I had the opportunity to get very close to some Sandhill Cranes. I took footage and stills, but really concentrated on about 10 stills. From what I could only imagine would be some of the best shots I've ever taken by this cam came to a rude end as the memory stick was missing several still photos, like 80%. I know for a fact that it took the pictures; it made the noise, the shutters closed for a second etc....The stick had plenty of room... Anyone else see this?

BTW here are a few screen grabs, so you can see why I am a tad disappointed at the missing stills I spent more energy on.
Attached Thumbnails
A1U Missing Stills?-sandhill-crane-06.jpg   A1U Missing Stills?-sandhill-crane-05.jpg  

A1U Missing Stills?-fl-sunset-01.jpg   A1U Missing Stills?-sandhill-crane-02.jpg  

Old June 27th, 2007, 01:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The same thing happened to me once. I bought a name-brand Memory Stick Pro Duo on eBay. I tried it out and it took pictures, so I thought all was fine. Eventually, after missing many stills, I did some more tests on it. It turns out that the stick was taking ages to transfer the data from the camera, so if I took more than one shot every couple of minutes the additional images were lost. Despite the unopened package, the memory stick I bought was apparently a counterfeit. Perhaps that is why the eBay seller I bought it from is no longer on eBay.

Anyway, the solution was to order a new Memory Stick from a reputable dealer (I got mine from Amazon) and that solved the problem. Now it takes only a second or two to transfer the image to the stick and I've not had a glitch since then.

Best wishes,
Peter
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:14 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Peter, I'll try another stick. The stick I currently have is the one that came with the camera, sealed in the box.
Old June 27th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Marco,

Good luck. I hope that solves it.
Nice pictures of the cranes, too.

Best wishes,
Peter

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series