Sharpness on the HC7 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old July 17th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #16
New Boot

OK I will try that.

Do you use the "easy" button?
Do you use the "zebra" function?

What I'm trying to use is the zebra function and when there is to much light I correct this with the spot meter to correct. But I don't know if this is necessary.

If possible can you post some stills captured from your HC7 ?
Wim van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #17
Inner Circle

NEVER use the easy button... wish you could disable that thing!

and yes, use the zebra set to 100 (not sure if that's really best or if the 70 would be better, the 100 is just where i've settled), with the control wheel set to exposure - I noticed the AE shift doesn't seem to work as effectively as using the exposure - you can press the button, and use the wheel fairly quickly, then just adjust so the overexposed highs are minimal with acceptable picture quality. I used it to shoot a couple in silouhette with the setting sun between them for a recent wedding - worked quite well!

I'll try to post some stills if I get the chance, I've been fairly happy with the still quality the cam produces - certainly enough for family use as a dual purpose cam!
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series