Sony HVR-HD1000U Shoulder Mount for $1900 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:48 AM   #31
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere View Post
But the V1U is 3999 dollars or something... Why would Sony put the same package in a 1900 and even add Shoulder Mount feature to it?
They wouldn't. That's not what they're doing; please re-read the thread. Barry's report about the "V1 in a shoulder mount form" was in reference to my speculation about the possibility of a forthcoming higher-end 3-chip, XLR-equipped version of the HVR-HD1000, and not the HVR-HD1000 itself.

Quote:
I think the most important thing for this camera... is manual control over all the important things
No reason why it won't have that. It's coming from Sony's professional division, so manual controls are obviously part of the package.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:22 PM   #32
Major Player

Could it be a shoulder mount replacement to the A1U?
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 01:34 PM   #33
Major Player

They wouldn't get rid of the A1U.

Now they have HDV products for all different styles of shooters. The A1U will remain their pocket-cam I imagine, and I would prefer having that to a big shoulder-mount (for what I do anyway).
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM   #34
MPS Digital Studios

I'm sure someone mentioned this, but it reminds me of those small-CCD Panasonic DV camcorders that kind of look like an XL1 (sort of, mind you) that I've seen at two high schools where some friends work. It's the Panasonic DVC20 I'm talking about there.

heath
Old August 23rd, 2007, 02:56 PM   #35
Go Cycle

HUMMMM.....wondering if this is a puffed-up plastic version of the HC-7.

I agree with Chris that it may appear like the low-end shoulder mounted Panny consumer models. Only time will tell.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 04:08 PM   #36
Major Player

It looks pretty neat, I'm sure it will be on par with their consumer models and lower-end professional models, the A1U-level at the most based on the price.

UNLV has some of the Pansonic cameras mentioned, can't remember which, I think the DVC7? Looks impressive in person, even though the video quality was a little "meh" compared to a filmmaker's camera like the DVX or such. I would imagine the same thing could happen with this model, may not be the best but it looks very professional.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM   #37
Major Player

I'm with Lou, all this camera is, is a HC7 in a big plastic shell and nothing more.

Same size sensor, same '6.1MP' still, same mic connector, same Carl Zeiss 10x lens etc

It only seems to have a slightly longer high frame rate capture (but without looking into my HC7 manual it could be the same).
Guy Barwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:08 PM   #38
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Felis View Post
UNLV has some of the Pansonic cameras mentioned, can't remember which, I think the DVC7? Looks impressive in person, even though the video quality was a little "meh" compared to a filmmaker's camera like the DVX or such. I would imagine the same thing could happen with this model, may not be the best but it looks very professional.
There's a ton of schools of all types that use the low-end Panasonic shoulder-mount models. And as others of have said I think that's the market that Sony is going after with this. I know the college I graduated from a few years ago replaced their VX1000 cameras with the DVC7 (or whatever the equivalent was prior to it) just for the form factor. I think schools would chose a little less quality image quality over the picture jumping all over the screen from a handheld.

I don't know how much money can be made off sales to the educational video market, but Panasonic had a monopoly on it until this.
Gary Silverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:18 PM   #39
Inner Circle

Does Sony own Panasonic now? I posted an link to an picture of the Panasonic Pro-line AVCHD shoulder mount camera an while ago, now Sony is doing an low end shoulder to market first. Panasonic separately waited and developed the h264 platform, now avcHD, for years, yet Sony came in late and released an camera before them.

I would respect it more, if it was based on the sensor of the XDCAM HD EX, or V1.

Interesting how hyped they are getting over at ccinfo, as usual. Comments on looking like the Canon, it's not even bent. On how Sony cameras have more artifacting and weaker color, they haven't figured that when you have an sensor format that doesn't fit the shape of the pixel, that you are going to get these things, or mixing with neighbouring pixels to compensate for them.

I am waiting to see the Pana camera first. It will be interesting to see the comparison of under $5K cameras in an few months.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 03:47 AM   #40
Major Player

I wish this was offered before I purchased my HC7. Basically, the same guts in a professional package for about $500 bucks more. Seems like it would make a great backup camera. What happened to the full size 250 HDV replacement? I would imagine that has to be announced soon.
John Bosco Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:15 AM   #41
Trustee

Does anyone think that Sony might also release a stripped down version of the EXCAM (let's say without XLR and a few features) for an even cheaper price?

Similar in a way that they did with the Z1/FX1 and V1/FX7.

I know that the EXCAM is from Sony's Pro division.
But do you think that the comsmer division may put out a SD media based camera similar to the EXCAM?

Sony seems to do this quite often.
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #42
Obstreperous Rex

It's not EXCAM -- instead it's XDCAM EX.

Anything is possible, I guess, but I don't think it's very likely. Although for flash memory recording, it looks like there will be a significant gap of several thousand dollars between XDCAM EX and AVCHD. I would imagine that Sony will continue with their tape-based HDV product line to fill that gap for the time being.

Don't think you'll ever see an SD card on a Sony product. Up until they announced Express Card compatibility through SxS for XDCAM EX, their flash memory format of choice has always been their own proprietary Memory Stick, and that's not going to change.

Old August 24th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #43
Major Player

Not exclusive to Sony, when was the last single chip shoulder-mount cam released?
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:34 AM   #44
Obstreperous Rex

You mean *low cost* 1-chip shoulder-mount cam, and that would be the Panasonic AG-DVC7 from a couple of years ago.

Old August 24th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #45
Major Player

Ah, yeah. Sorry. I should've looked into the one you guys have been talking about already. Thanks.
Craig Irving is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000