First shoot, first impressions for HVR-HD1000 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old January 30th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #76
Regular Crew

Thanks. But what are is the thread size of the front of the wide angle converter?
Old January 31st, 2008, 04:51 PM   #77
Inner Circle

There are no threads on the front of the conversion lens. The poorly written instructions recommend not to put additional filters on it. You could probably use a clamp-on filter holder that fits 68 to 70mm lenses.
Old February 6th, 2008, 04:51 PM   #78
Regular Crew

I had to choose between an hd1000 (1800 euro) and a XM2 (2000 euro)
Okay the last one is smaller and doesn't look as fancy, and hasn't got HD, but I think the disadvantages stop there, am I right?
Old February 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #79
Regular Crew

I just got my HD1000. Never used a shoulder mount camera so it is something to get used to (any hints/suggestions would be great). Went out and did some quick test footage with everything set on auto http://www.everythinginhd.com/pages/sonyHD1000test.html. For looking at the footage it seems very similar to my Canon HV20. Also tried my Canon wide angle converter (WD-43) and it seems to work fine.
Old February 9th, 2008, 01:51 AM   #80
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Steiner View Post
I just got my HD1000. Never used a shoulder mount camera so it is something to get used to (any hints/suggestions would be great). Went out and did some quick test footage with everything set on auto http://www.everythinginhd.com/pages/sonyHD1000test.html. For looking at the footage it seems very similar to my Canon HV20. Also tried my Canon wide angle converter (WD-43) and it seems to work fine.
Hi, Looks great!
can you please check what we all looking for? a brife shoot on a dance floor with a LED video light on camera or a 30-40w video light? and post the footage?
Asaf Benatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 05:51 AM   #81
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asaf Benatia View Post
Hi, Looks great!
can you please check what we all looking for? a brife shoot on a dance floor with a LED video light on camera or a 30-40w video light? and post the footage?
Sorry but I think nearly every camera above 500 euro can produce such image nowadays, think you can only judge it uncompressed
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #82
Regular Crew

My first video using the HD1000.

http://www.speedandmotion.com/pages/scs021008.html
Old February 25th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #83
Regular Crew

Went to a car event with the HD1000. Still takes some getting used to and keeping it still. But overall very happy with it. The battery life is amazing (used a Impact version of the MP-F770). Used the digital zoom, I know not the best, and it worked good. Next purchase though will be a Telephoto Converter.

Here is the video from the event http://www.speedandmotion.com/pages/...dyevent08.html
Old March 8th, 2008, 11:53 AM   #84
Tourist

Hvr-hd1000

This site is a rookies dream.I had many questions about the HVR-HD1000 that have now be settled after watching the posted videos. I am looking to use the cam for a local cable talk show on a budget. I believe I will be okay. Thanks guys.
Wade Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #85
New Boot

Pan Blur

Is it possible to pan at all with this camera. Or is this a HDV thing, when I pan the images blurs. Well just got mine yesterday. It's not the prettiest camera around, but it does look professional. Pretty simple to use. Took me a few minutes to figure out that you can adjust the viewfinder (pull it out from to adjust for your eye). I didn't think I would like the touch menu but it's very simple and easy to use. I don't know how to use the camera yet, I have to shoot with it for a while. My exposure with manual and snow is a little off, I am going to adjust the brightness of the LCD to give me a level that is close to the exposure I want.

John
John Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:57 AM   #86
Regular Crew

Canon 3CCD vs. SONY 1 CMOS Sensor?

I really plan to order this Sony HVR-HD1000, 1st thing keep bothered me is this Real quality cam compared with 3CCD? Currently i was using Canon Xl1s, Is this comparable or better than my Xl1s? since is only Single CMOS Chip sensor?

Appreciated if Anyone can advice me on this 3CCD vs. 1 CMOS Sensor
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #87
New Boot

I own a XL1 and love the camera but the image does not compare to HDV. I am amazed at the quality. I still haven't shot a lot of footage but as long as I don't do pans it looks great, oh and the pans don't bother me as much on the 32" LCD then they do when I was watching on the computer.

John
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #88
Regular Crew

Sony HVR-HD1000 (single CMOS DV format) Vs. Canon Xl1 (3CCD DV)

Thanks John,
Have u try Shoot using DV format setting with Sony HVR-HD1000?
Sony HVR-HD1000 (single CMOS DV format) Vs. Canon Xl1 (3CCD DV)
*Cos sometime clients still required to shoot on DV format

Any Idea?
Old March 28th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #89
New Boot

Hi Andrew,

I don't think I will ever shoot in DV again. I will always shoot in HDV and downconvert if the clients wants DV. Having the option to have both is great I think.

John
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:28 AM   #90
Regular Crew

John,
Shooting in HDV format are more costly especially Buying HDV Cassettes,
If the final media ONLY required SD/DV by clients (Then the Only cost saving is using SD MiniDV Cassettes)

Since HDV are still very new at our region. not many clients demand on HDV at the moment.

Have you test on DV format without downconvert it? How effective the quality compare with 3CCD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000