Touch screen? For shame. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old December 28th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Major Player

Touch screen? For shame.

We just got the hd-1000u into our store, so I cracked it open to put it on display and play with it. After a few minutes I got to say I knew it was an HC7 stuffed into a bigger box going into but wow I did not imagine that it would still be touch screen, I figured they'd have to give it a real menu button but they didn't. That just killed the usability for me.

I'm well aware this is entry level and is based more on looks than performance but jeez it basically makes it impossible to do more than any one thing at a time while recording.

Anyone who wants to learn video from the ground will outgrow this camera within a few months easy.

If you're a using it for a school, or you're a guy who wants a handycam but wants to look cool, give it a try.

However, if you have any aspirations of doing really solid pro work, buyer beware you're buying a book for its cover.

That said I own both the xh-a1 and an hv20 and the only reason I laid hands on it is that I sell these things.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000