Carrying Case at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old February 23rd, 2008, 12:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Carrying Case

I bought the carrying case recomended by b&h but I hate it. What do you guys use for this camera?
Andre Tira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM   #2
Regular Crew

im also looking for a good bag. Nothing super expensive. but also dont want the camera bag to be to tight around the camera.
Greg Toope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2008, 10:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I bought a similar bag but much cheaper:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...g_Medium_.html

It's too long for the cam and the dividers are difficult to configure but the price is right.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #4
New Boot

Anyone any other ideas

Going to be buying a hd1000 in the next couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has any other choices of carrying cases. Want one that will have a bit of room for accessories possibly including the led light Sony HVL-LBP. looking to spend 250 dollars or less. Any ideas
Marc Hangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #5
Tourist

Wheeled Hard Case that holds everything but the tripod!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...uard_Case.html
Cory Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #6
New Boot

Has anyone used this bag before - Petrol PDRB-5

Has anyone used this bag before
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/531229-REG/Petrol_PDRB_5_PDRB_5_Dr_Petrol_Bag.html>
Seems big enough with enough room for the camera and accessories.
Marc Hangl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Tira View Post
I bought the carrying case recomended by b&h but I hate it. What do you guys use for this camera?
What dont you like about it? Why do you hate it?
I was thinking about buying it myself.
Johnnie Caraballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #8
Regular Crew

It doesn't fit right..its too tight. When i finally get the camera in there, its hard to zip up.
Andre Tira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2008, 08:14 PM   #9
New Boot

PortaBrace hands down

The PortaBrace CO-OB may set you back a bit on price but it will give you the security, peace of mind and room for everything you may think of it. I used this bag for the Canon XL1s, Sony FX1 and the Hd1000u with the great "bullet proof" protection and sturdy satisfaction. Once you get this bag (either used or new) you will fall in love with it and you may trade in your camera but never this bag.
thanks
Maximilian Pinedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian Pinedo View Post
The PortaBrace CO-OB may set you back a bit on price but it will give you the security, peace of mind and room for everything you may think of it. I used this bag for the Canon XL1s, Sony FX1 and the Hd1000u with the great "bullet proof" protection and sturdy satisfaction. Once you get this bag (either used or new) you will fall in love with it and you may trade in your camera but never this bag.
thanks
IMHO hands down the BEST bag ever!
After searching long and hard I finally decided to purchase this exact bag.

I spent $350.00 for it and it hold EVERYTHING inside its proper place. Fantastic protection. Superb quality too!

I was told that the camera bag will out last any equipment's life span and will look the same 35 years from now.

Best accessory purchase I have made to date (besides my new LED light panel)
Johnnie Caraballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #11
Major Player

Hmmmmm.

A month has past since the last post here but I thought I'd toss in my two cents for the benefit of the frugal consumer.

I searched around trying to find a decent case or bag for housing my HD1000. I think most of the products out there are pretty much geared towards a generic fit. Yet they sell for a custom price. It also seems because they are selling it to you as a video accessory, they charge top dollar.

So being the frugal consumer (cheap) that I am and capable of doing some basic assembly, I opted to make my own carrying bag. It cost less than $30.

I went to my local Walmart. In the luggage section, I found a 26" Protege Sport duffle bag. It cost $14.64. Then I went to the fabric department and got a packaged roll of foam. (about $12+change) It's the 24" X 96" X 1" package. I only used about half of it for my bag.

Anyway, I used some heavy duty corrogated cardboard (about 1/4" thick, left over from a new patio set we bought) to make a five-sided box frame for the interior of the bag. It had to be installed in 5 separate pieces. I used 2" wide duct tape to anchor the inside corners to one another as well as the ends and bottom.

Next, I used an electric knife to cut the foam to approximate dimensions. I used one continuous piece to go from the top of one side down to the bottom and across then back up the other side and out. I trimmed it to fit the top flap. I cut pieces to fill in the ends and just tucked them in.

No it's not as fancy as some of those pre-made bags. And no it won't float. And I would not ship the camera in this. But since I will be the only one carrying this around and I know not to toss it around like it's no more important than a sack of apples, it'll work just fine.

The thick cardboard really gives it rigidity and since the ends have cardboard too, I can put stuff in the zippered end compartments without them hitting the camera.

You can see some pictures of my contraption here.

http://jeffemery.com/hd1000bag

Jeff
Jeff Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2008, 10:34 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Jeff, I used your idea and did pretty much the same thing. Unfortunately my wal-mart didn't have that case, so I picked up a snazzy orange rolling case. I used the 1" foam, but added a sheet of 1/4" Felt-backed foam to keep the inside looking neat and clean. I still need to do some things to touch it up visually (attach the foam to the top, and sides), but it will do what I need it to do. Thanks,
-Jeff

Old July 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM   #13
Major Player

Any ideas for a hard case?
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mendolia View Post
Any ideas for a hard case?
I use the Pelican 1650 hard case with foam. You can find it at B&H here Pelican | 1650 Foam Case (Black) | PC1650 | B&H Photo Video

I use it to carry my HD1000U, DSR Pd170, 2 camera power supplies, arm and invert bracket for my monitor, 2 headphones, a case of blank tape stock, WA lens for 170 and both hoods for 170 (1 on camera), component cable for camera monitor, and several batteries-and I still have room for future expansion. I would not ship in this case though because the 1000u just fits. To ship, I would recommend the pelican 1690 case but the price really jumps between the 2 models.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000