HD1000 + HV20? Or HD1000 + HC7? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old March 25th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #1
New Boot

HD1000 + HV20? Or HD1000 + HC7?

Guys, let me be straight to the point with this.

Will the Canon HV20 colors match Sony's HD1000 colors under the same light situation?

I presume HD1000 and HC7 will get the exact same colors (as by the commentaries, I understood that the HD1000 is virtually its little sister in a bigger body).

So, discussion comes straight to this point. HV20 and HD1000... marriage? Or colors are not so accurate?

Thanks for any info, links, and even experiences that you can share. I got a HD1000 and want to buy either the HV20 (cheaper, better overall than the HC7, I know) OR HC7 - color is my main concern, however...
Tiago Cardoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #2
Major Player

If you want that perfect match you're gonna want the hc7, exact same imaging system means you're not gonna have to worry about color matching nearly as much.
Evan C. King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Having owned the HV20 and the HC7 side by side, I'd say go with the HC7 - it's discontinued, and not much more than the HV20 (also discontinued). The two cameras had noticeably different overall approaches to the image, I wasn't happy trying to match them, but probably no one else would notice...

That said, you might also look at the HC9, which improves on the HC7 a bit, same sensor, better image processing (less apparent noise), cool in black for a more pro look. Given that the HD1000 is a relatively recent release, the HC9 may be closer than the HC7 image wise, I noticed that the HC9 is more akin to the CX7 I've got than to the HC7.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000