JVC HD100 Tapes in the Sony HD1000?? at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 144
JVC HD100 Tapes in the Sony HD1000??

Well my JVC HD100 bit the dust. This weekend in the middle of filming a church event the camera when Pink then Green then Black & White then Black and never turned back on. Directly powered to the wall its still dead and now the HDV Tape inside of it is stuck.

It was the last tape of the day so I decided to use my "trusty and new" Sony HD1000 to import the first tape from the JVC Camcorder.

It will play on the Sony but when plugged in to my MacPro it does not see the camera at all.

When I put a Sony HDV tape (that was used with that camera) everything works fine.

I can see the footage on the Sony LCD but it wont import!

Any idea why? Is Sony only able to import Sony Tapes? Why do I have issues when I use a JVC HDV Tape?

Thanks for your help.
__________________
Sony HDR-AX2000 Mac Pro 8 Core w/30" Cinema Display & Final Cut Pro X
Johnnie Caraballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 06:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Woodinville, WA USA
Posts: 3,464
It's not the tape, it's the recording format you put on it. The physical tapes are the same. Page 89 of your manual specifically states that while the Sony can play back 720p30 HDV, it won't output via i.Link.

You didn't know that your two cameras shot different types of HDV?

How have you been editing your mixed footage? Or have you not been mixing them?
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York City
Posts: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie Caraballo View Post
Well my JVC HD100 bit the dust. This weekend in the middle of filming a church event the camera when Pink then Green then Black & White then Black and never turned back on. Directly powered to the wall its still dead and now the HDV Tape inside of it is stuck.

It was the last tape of the day so I decided to use my "trusty and new" Sony HD1000 to import the first tape from the JVC Camcorder.

It will play on the Sony but when plugged in to my MacPro it does not see the camera at all.

When I put a Sony HDV tape (that was used with that camera) everything works fine.

I can see the footage on the Sony LCD but it wont import!

Any idea why? Is Sony only able to import Sony Tapes? Why do I have issues when I use a JVC HDV Tape?

Thanks for your help.
Try HDMI on your Blackmagic card if you have it yet.
__________________
William Hohauser - New York City
Edit/Camera/DCP production/Animation
William Hohauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
It's not the tape, it's the recording format you put on it. The physical tapes are the same. Page 89 of your manual specifically states that while the Sony can play back 720p30 HDV, it won't output via i.Link.

You didn't know that your two cameras shot different types of HDV?

How have you been editing your mixed footage? Or have you not been mixing them?
I knew that the JVC shot in 720p and the Sony in 1080i but thought that since it played I could also capture it. I guess not :(
__________________
Sony HDR-AX2000 Mac Pro 8 Core w/30" Cinema Display & Final Cut Pro X
Johnnie Caraballo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Hohauser View Post
Try HDMI on your Blackmagic card if you have it yet.
I going to try that next - thanks
__________________
Sony HDR-AX2000 Mac Pro 8 Core w/30" Cinema Display & Final Cut Pro X
Johnnie Caraballo is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network