Personal "thoughts" for SONY HVR-HD1000 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old June 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kren Barnes View Post
we too are a wedding videography group based in Canada and uses 2 HD1000u for our shoots
I didn't know, but now I do - that the HD1000 uses CMOS rather than CCDs. The rolling shutter has a lot to answer for with those electronic flash frames.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 01:07 AM   #47
Major Player

I have never had much issue with the CMOS rolling shutter. The few times it has been overly noticeable to me the client didn't notice at all. I must say I am glad to not have any CCD smear issues, especially on live stage events with all the colored lights and strobes. But I guess I have been lucky with my wedding events that most of the photogs were discreet with the flashes. I have noticed a lot more rolling shutter flash footage on the news so maybe people are just becoming accustomed to it....
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Daugherty View Post
...so maybe people are just becoming accustomed to it....
Well you need to take into consideration that the "general" public aren't as nit-picky as us. We do have the tendency to extract samples from almost every CMOS chip camera available that are exposed to flash photography, or similar situations, and analyze them in every way imaginable...from slowing them down to screen capturing the split screen.

The majority of clients won't notice the effect unless you point it out to them, otherwise to them it's just a piece of video with snippets of camera flash or strobes.
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #49
Major Player

Very true! We do over-analyze but I have seen some footage on here that the photog must moonlight as a paparazzi because the strobes were insane! and the image was breaking down due to it but I have not had that happen to me before. CMOS can be a real trade off but the extended battery life and end of smear makes it a real upgrade for most of the stuff I shoot. To each, his (or her) own...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000