Warm Cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old June 4th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Warm Cards

Has anyone used these?
Green card look interesting removing the green tint you get from Florescent lights. Using Warm cards instead of White cards?

Any opinions??

http://warmcards.com/
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:58 PM   #2
Major Player

I don't do a shoot without them! The minus green is definitely useful in those high fluorescent scenes. The 1/2 is probably the most used card, though. I tend to think the 1, 2 and 3 are just too much. It's also nice that each card has a 100 IRE white side, so you can blend two cards together to get the color temperature just right.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 02:03 AM   #3
Major Player

I too have found these cards an absolute must. After having messed around with several different colour settings on the H1 I now only use one setting just slightly modified from standard and the warm cards to achieve the look I require.

Regards

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for all the input!
I placed my order for them...
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Major Player

Absolutely recommend them

Older thread but figured I would chime in... I absolutely love my warm cards and have always shot with them to get the look I want. Recently, however, i had an interview shoot, set-up my lights, whitebalanced, didn't like it, switched to 1/2 warm, did WB-no change, went to 1 warm, did WB-no change, went to 2 warm, did WB-no perceptible change. At this point my client looked at my frazzled expression with a little bit of worry, so i smiled and said that is perfect and shot the job to fix in post. This was the only time the cards didn't work for me. Has anyone had this happen before? The cards still had their bluish cast while watching on the monitor. Thanks!
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #6
Major Player

Hey Bryan. Well, it's certainly not the Warm Cards' fault! I've actually seen this before with a Sony HDV camera. Basically, it didn't like to do a manual white balance from time to time. Turning the camera off and removing power, counting to 10 seconds and rebooting the camera tends to fix the problem for me. But, if that's not the fix, I'd say something is technically wrong with your camera.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #7
Major Player

Well yes I probably was giving the impression that I was blaming the card...but I know it wasn't their fault. I have never had it fail to recognize the cards before or since then but was wondering if anyone else had experienced it. Was it an HD1000U that had the issue or another model?
Old January 17th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #8
Major Player

No, it was an HVR-Z1U, I believe. It wasn't mine, but I used it often.
Eric Darling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000