DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-HD1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/)
-   -   Uncompressed footage from HD1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/123949-uncompressed-footage-hd1000.html)

Piet Deyaert June 17th, 2008 06:07 AM

Uncompressed footage from HD1000

Does anyone has this? I was thinking of using the HD1000 for some shorts. Using a 35mm adapter. And recording uncompressed trough my mac. Good idea?

If you've got some uncompressed material, please post!!

Piet Deyaert June 23rd, 2008 01:03 PM

Guess nobody did it before.
Would this look similar to the Canon HV20?
If so, this could be a nice camera for use with 35mm adapters?
While capturing uncompressed HD 4.2.2 footage of course.

Damien Krishnan October 19th, 2008 11:48 AM

You can record uncompress video from the HVR-HD1000 thru the HDMI port to a BMD Intensity card equipped PC. We are working in this way for studio shoot.

Bryan Daugherty January 17th, 2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien Krishnan (Post 953021)
You can record uncompress video from the HVR-HD1000 thru the HDMI port to a BMD Intensity card equipped PC. We are working in this way for studio shoot.

We have been considering this config for on location at a live event. Using a Micro tower PC with an intensity card connected to the HD1000 HDMI port. Do you notice a substantial increase in quality vs. tape capture? How massive are the uncompressed files and are they difficult to work with?

Graeme Barnes January 3rd, 2011 09:37 PM

hd1000e uncompressed backpack

I have done the following :-

HD1000E
MicroATX pc
12V DC Power supply
BMD Intensity HDMI Capture card
Written software to control capture and show status of capture (Signal) with no monitor
Using AMV2MT 'lossless' compression (£10.00 reg) for single disk 8bit 4:2:2 capture
Had a look at HD1000E circuitry and block diagram to confirm res and 4:2:2 output via HDMI
Now have 2hrs mobile battery time with pc and no monitor
Mounted removable disk caddy for Samsung T3 hard disk drive to transfer footage quickly
Mounted external power button on rear of MicroATX case

The footage is very nice, with 1920*1080 res at 4:2:2 (could not confirm if 1440 upscaled as not clear but will check chips used and try to confirm this - sensor does seem capable, but used or cropped?)

Low light shots using lighting are ok, but try to maintain 0 GAIN level by keeping exposure below 6db (exposure 4 back from the end! - its the only way 18db 15db 12db 9db 6db 3db 0db)

With everything on manual, set to focus and using manual override as a 'push focus' type setup it performs quite well.. in a unique way :)

If anyone is thinking of the same setup.. then my software is available for free!!
Email me at gb@aacnet.eu - this has saved captures with no monitor and NO SIGNAL from going un-noticed!

If anyone has any suggestions for improvement (and not a nanoflash, yet!) then send them on!