Dual monitoring on HD1000U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old January 17th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Dual monitoring on HD1000U

Does anyone know if you can monitor this camera using 2 monitors? I am wanting to let my camera op monitor for focus, framing, etc at the camera using the HDMI out and run long lengths of component to my remote location to monitor and call shots to him. Has anyone tried using both outputs simultaneously?
Old January 17th, 2009, 07:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

If it's like most other Sony cams, it only outputs to the best output if multiple outputs are connected simultaneously (not counting FW). So if you had HDMI and Component both connected, it would only output via HDMI.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Major Player

I haven't had a chance to test this but I was wondering... I have an Ikan monitor with pass through on the component but was hoping for a project coming up that we could monitor via HDMI to use a full 1080 native monitor, but to get HDMI monitoring with pass through...heck, I don't know if that even exists! Maybe an HDMI splitter...

Thanks for your input!
Old July 27th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Major Player

Confirmed. HDMI takes priority in the connection scheme, if both connections are used. So this one can be put to rest.

Thanks, Adam for sharing your thoughts on this.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000