Sony HVR HD 1000 U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old March 19th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony HVR HD 1000 U

I would like to buy Sony HVR HD 1000 U Camera. How much is the price for a new one? Is it satisfactory for professional works, Documentaries/News/ Advertisements etc? I am from the PAL world.. Hope PAL version available.
Which one is better in this series? I heared A, U, etc.. Users please help..
-Saikiran
Sai Kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai Kiran View Post
I would like to buy Sony HVR HD 1000 U Camera. How much is the price for a new one?
hvr-hd1000 | B&H Photo Video
Quote:
Is it satisfactory for professional works, Documentaries/News/ Advertisements etc?
Possibly, depending upon what you need and what sort of conditions you'll be shooting in.
Quote:
Hope PAL version available.
It is, but apparently not from B&H at the moment.
Quote:
Which one is better in this series? I heared A, U, etc..
Whichever one fits your area best in terms of language, video standards, warranty, etc. In India I would assume the "A" version.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #3
New Boot

Just need the price in USD

USD or in Dirhams (Dubai) or in Indian Rupees
Old March 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #4
Inner Circle

It's at the link I provided above.

Last edited by Adam Gold; March 21st, 2009 at 10:52 AM.
Old March 21st, 2009, 07:45 AM   #5
New Boot

But different sites provide different price!!

For Sony HVR HD 1000, different site provides different price.. then what will be the actual US price? Any User please help..
Old March 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
different site provides different price....
Yes they do. It's up to you to shop and find the best one.
Quote:
then what will be the actual US price?
Did you even follow the link to B&H? The actual US price is right there and it is what it says it is. Prices can change daily and to post a number here could be misleading. Just go to the B&H site linked above and see what they want for the model and version you need. B&H is a very reputable dealer and if you order from them (assuming they can ship to where you are) you will get what you ordered at the price you expected with no problems. The same cannot be said for some other online retailers. If you find a price significantly lower, it is likely to be a scam.

Why is this so difficult? A simple web search for either the E or P version (both are PAL; the differences would likely be language and warranty) reveals dozens of hits, all with prices in the same range, expressed in USD. Searching for the A (Asia) version results in many, many pages written in a variety of Asian languages. Pick one.

Last edited by Adam Gold; March 21st, 2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old April 10th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #7
New Boot

Wide Angle Conversion Lense

I have recently purchased a Sony HVR-HD 1000 camera. I like that it is very easy to use, and set up. So, overall, I have no complaints. However, I have a digital high definition 0.5X wide angle lens with macro. I shot some footage with it, and ran into a problem. Any time I zoomed all the way out, I got this halo effect around the outside of the frame. Basically, the extreme corners of the frame were black, but they were rounded, almost as if it was the beginnings of a tunnel effect. When I zoomed in just a little, this went away. I did make the adjustment for wide angle within the camera settings before I started shooting. It was disappointing that this happened. Especially, because I could not tell it happened until I viewed the footage later on my computer. This effect didn't show up in the viewfinder or LCD at the time of shooting. What could this be, and what should I do?
Bernard R. Mochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Okay, you don't need to post the same question three times.
Old April 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #9
New Boot

Globalmedia for European PAL mkt:

https://www.globalmediapro.com/dp/A0...Camcorder-PAL/
Old September 8th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard R. Mochan View Post
I have recently purchased a Sony HVR-HD 1000 camera. I like that it is very easy to use, and set up. So, overall, I have no complaints. However, I have a digital high definition 0.5X wide angle lens with macro. I shot some footage with it, and ran into a problem. Any time I zoomed all the way out, I got this halo effect around the outside of the frame. Basically, the extreme corners of the frame were black, but they were rounded, almost as if it was the beginnings of a tunnel effect. When I zoomed in just a little, this went away. I did make the adjustment for wide angle within the camera settings before I started shooting. It was disappointing that this happened. Especially, because I could not tell it happened until I viewed the footage later on my computer. This effect didn't show up in the viewfinder or LCD at the time of shooting. What could this be, and what should I do?
This is clearly vignetting and not uncommon. Is the lens a sony accessory? If not then you have no comeback. The downside is that your LCD viewfinder probably won't have full scan ability and won't show it - whilst shooting for domestic TV screens that is OK, for web use where the footage is full frame it will cause issues.
Paul Osborne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000