Wide Angle Lens Problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old April 10th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #1
New Boot

Wide Angle Lens Problem

I have recently purchased a Sony HVR-HD 1000 camera. I like that it is very easy to use, and set up. So, overall, I have no complaints. However, I have a digital high definition 0.5X wide angle lens with macro. I shot some footage with it, and ran into a problem. Any time I zoomed all the way out, I got this halo effect around the outside of the frame. Basically, the extreme corners of the frame were black, but they were rounded, almost as if it was the beginnings of a tunnel effect. When I zoomed in just a little, this went away. I did make the adjustment for wide angle within the camera settings before I started shooting. It was disappointing that this happened. Especially, because I could not tell it happened until I viewed the footage later on my computer. This effect didn't show up in the viewfinder or LCD at the time of shooting. What could this be, and what should I do?
Bernard R. Mochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Trustee

This kind of vignette is pretty common with add-on wide angles, particularly extreme wide ones and ones that are generic and not matched to a specific lens. Your viewfinder probably doesn't show 100% of the actual frame, so you don't see it until later. AFAIK, there's nothing much to do but don't zoom all the way out, or pull the frame up slightly in post..../ Battle Vaughan / miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Inner Circle

See my reply to your post in the forum above.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000