DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-HD1000 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/)
-   -   HVR1000 and PPro CS3 Workflow (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-hd1000/184575-hvr1000-ppro-cs3-workflow.html)

Foucault Martial April 11th, 2009 04:28 AM

HVR1000 and PPro CS3 Workflow

Hi,
I'm a satisfied HVR1000U user ;).
At this time I always work on HDV footage, but for a web diffusion, I don't need to work with this resolution, I need a maximum 640x360.
What is the best thing to do ?
- to film in HDV and use the HVR1000 "Downconvert" to SD during the Capture process on Ppro CS3 ?
or to film in SD Rec Format directly on the HVR1000 ?

Also,
When I finish my edit on Ppro CS3, the best way to export for the web is to use the "Deinterlace Video Footage" option ?

Can you give me some advices, to find the best workflow.
Thank

Adalberto Lopez April 11th, 2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

What is the best thing to do ?
- to film in HDV and use the HVR1000 "Downconvert" to SD during the Capture process on Ppro CS3 ?
or to film in SD Rec Format directly on the HVR1000 ?
In my opinion I'd say record in HDV and downconvert in capture so you can archive your footage without the fear of it been dated. This helps with the fact that the internet and display technologies are moving at a fast pace towards high definition. Just give a quick look to YouTube's 'Watch in HD' option and Vimeo.

James McBoyle April 12th, 2009 05:34 AM

I would film and capture in HDV, then downconvert when you render your final project. This allows you to work with the best quality of footage, and gives you the option of rendering your project however you want. I do this myself as most of my projects get rendered as both a HD and a low-res version.

I can't hep on your PPro settings though, sorry.

Foucault Martial April 13th, 2009 03:07 AM

Thnak for your help, I will do like this :

Film in HDV format
and downconvert to SD when transfering to Ppro CS3 with the HVR-HD1000 inside setup.

Bye

Jonathan W. Hickman April 16th, 2009 09:12 AM

I've been having all kinds of issues with going from HD to SD when my stuff goes on TV.

While I don't use your editing program, I've had some luck with running the HDV footage in as HD and then using the editor to downconvert to SD. It has been my experience that using the camera to downconvert causes edge cropping or letterbox sqeeze or you sometimes drop frames (which is related to my new NLE).

The problem I have is that the station takes my SD 16:9 mpeg and compresses it yet again. They use a program to letterbox it and make it 4:3. At times, it looks pretty rough. Also, sound goes from stereo to mono too.

Anyway, couldn't you run everything in in HD and use your editor to downconvert?

Ed Sharpe April 19th, 2009 10:24 AM

where to down convert.

I use Sony Vegas as an editor... but here is what I do...

Shoot HDV.... import HDV..... then if i want to zoom in have hier res image to crop from! I also have higher res image to pull still frams from ( this is a real bonus!)

Render out to SD for standard tv or render out to file for internet.

Summary... work with highest res file in the edit as you can. yea... takes more file space but allous you to pan crop zoom in on thinsg in the edit and make wonderfull single full screen pulls!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foucault Martial (Post 1086635)
Thnak for your help, I will do like this :

Film in HDV format
and downconvert to SD when transfering to Ppro CS3 with the HVR-HD1000 inside setup.

Bye