First Same Day Edit - heart attack at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old June 27th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #1
Major Player

First Same Day Edit - heart attack

All i can say is wheeewww !! Well we've completed our first SDE..it is not for the faint of heart...
Caught a virus on our laptop the day before, downloading a plugin..had to shoot, rush home, edit on the desktop that kept on crashing , took me 4 hours to finally edit ..finally delivered the SDE DVD at 8:22 pm with an 8:30 pm showing...

Oh yeah .. the audio line from the DJ was grounded so he had to mike the laptop where the DVD was playing....oh well the couple and the crowd really loved it ..i'll post the video here when i get a breather..hahahaha!!
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

WOW!, did you record to tape, capture to a hard drive (Flash recorder, laptop, etc...), or both?
Old June 29th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #3
Major Player

hey Adalberto,

Hard disk drive to Desktop cpu.. i used a Sony SR1 AVCHD disk camera just for the Same Day Edit (SDE) while the rest of my team filmed the documentary part using the HD 1000u. I had about 1 hour worth of footage but had to use an AVCHD plugin for CS3 to transfer the AVCHD files.

It was weird cause i did a runthrough 2 days before but i think i miscalculated how much footage CS3 can handle, specially editing in HD , since i only used about 20 minutes for the trial run.. yeah at 6:00 pm i had no frames loaded on CS3 so i was this close to calling the couple to tell them we couldn't do it but miraculously CS3 cooperated for a good hour so we pulled it off...

windows XP PRo
Intel Quad Core
NVIDIA 9600 graphics
1 TB hard drive
8 GB Ram
PPro CS3 with Magic Bullet, Cineform and Artbeats Film Clutter

with these specs, you would think it be an easy edit huh?

I told my wife never to use my desktop again to download pictures or songs!! hahahaha!!
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

That makes sense, otherwise if you were just recording tot ape than a heart attack would've been for sure. You think you'll be investing on one of Sony's recording units? They're more flexible with the video codecs they'll record to.
Old July 3rd, 2009, 09:06 AM   #5
Major Player

Well here it is...our first Same Day Edit

Vanessa and Reggie on Vimeo

Enjoy
Kren Barnes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000