DVC20's to HD1000's at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old July 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Inner Circle

DVC20's to HD1000's

Hi All
I currently have finished a wedding season with two Panasonic DVC20's (the PAL units are called MD10000's) Essentially a 3 x 1/6" CCD camera BUT only 4:3

I have to move to at least 16:9 and to keep my little business viable the HD1000's look like a good replacement as I will still be issuing clients with DVD's (Most people here have HD TV's but standard DVD players) I really need to budget no more than $2500 so EX3's are out!!

The current cameras actually performed very well and I had no issues. From all of you that are already using the HD1000 what changes can I expect if I swap over to the Sony???

Most of our wedding here are outdoor and during receptions I have learnt that clipping a 48 x 10mm LED bank onto your cameras and using softboxes during speeches is essential!!!

I'm looking at the HD1000 also because I can still edit in SD!!! Plenty are suggesting AVCHD but I'm truely concerned about the long render times they require which might kill my work flow.

I have never worked with CMOS cameras before...apart from rolling shutter issues is there anything else that I would need to watch out for???

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Major Player

Chris,
I was about to dive into this thread here but I think you may have already made your decision based on this thread http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/wedding-e...ggestions.html . Are you still seeking any advice or have you moved on?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000