Issues with HDMI out while recording at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old October 26th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Issues with HDMI out while recording

I have 2 HD1000u cameras and in the past have been pleased using component out while monitoring on my Ikan V8000HD. Now that I have the second camera, I have been trying to decide on a monitor for the other camera. I experimented using the HDMI out to my computer monitor an Acer H213H using the HDMI in. For playback, the results were good, but when in record mode the image was grainy, pixelated, and the colors were off. I guessed that this was because I was using a computer monitor so this weekend I ordered an Ikan V17 17" LCD monitor from B&H and was less than pleased with the results. Again, playback looks great but when recording live, the image was dark, the colors were off and there was loss of detail. Needless to say, I was less than thrilled but rather than giving up, I tried using the component out on the camera and WOW it was as good as it looks on playback.

I have read on here of a few people using intensity cards to record off the HDMI stream from the camera and I am sure that someone has used the HDMI for monitoring and I am starting to wonder if I am setting something up wrong. Since this is a $1000 monitor, I am seriously considering a return but before I do, I thought I would brainstorm with you fine folk and make sure I am not just missing something in the set-up. Any thoughts?
Old October 29th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #2
Major Player

I am pushing the limit of my return window and am guessing by the lack of response that there are no suggestions on this issue. Thanks for reading, time to box up the monitor for a return...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000