Another HD1000u wedding highlight - Kyle & Kyra at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000

Sony HVR-HD1000
Sony's single-CMOS shoulder mount HDV camcorder.

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Another HD1000u wedding highlight - Kyle & Kyra

What another highlight :) thought i'd share with the people in this forum. Just love this camera ! we are now having second thoughts about moving to FX1000s for this year....
What do you guys think?

Kren Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #2
Tourist

Nice video!

However, the camera at the rear of the venue wasn't quite level, which spoilt it a little for me....

Good theme though, and I'll bet the couple were pleased with the result!

James

PS I'll introduce myself in a different thread!
James Milligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 12:09 AM   #3
Major Player

Kren,
Good work as always. While it is not my style, I am always impressed with how theatrical your finished product is. On my surround system i noticed a low hum (?) at the beginning while the minister was speaking. Is this in the music you chose or did something bleed through? Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Bryan Daugherty; February 14th, 2010 at 12:14 AM. Reason: tired typing forgot the shift key to capitalize....
Bryan Daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 01:12 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for watching Bryan... that low hum is from our Azden wireless doing a poor job catching the priest through the church sound sytem and me trying to fix it unsuccessfully :(
Old February 14th, 2010, 11:54 PM   #5
Trustee

Hi Kren,

some nice angles you managed to get. How many cameras did you have during the ceremony. How many of them were manned/unmanned?

Here's a few things I noticed:

- White balance was off in alot of shots.
- The film burn and filmstrip effects were overused. Especially in the beggining where it pops up in the exact same spot for the exact same lenght on EVERY cut.
- Rear camera not level
- The old film effect on the dancing looks kind of cheesy - there's much better ways to get an old film look, by playing with softening, vignetting, grain and flickering.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kren Barnes View Post
we are now having second thoughts about moving to FX1000s for this year....
To be honest Kren, a hd1000 is no match for a fx1000, I have seen this in almost every video I see from a hd1000 and that is that the camera struggles in low light and it easily blows out the highlights.
A fx1000 will give you a major improvement in low light compared to your camera, it will balance the lights and darks better when it comes to exposure and it will give you better control when it comes to focus, iris and so on.
The biggest advantage the hd1000 might have over a fx1000 is it's formfactor as it's a shouldermount.
Your work does look great though but I'm sure a pair of fx1000 will make it look even better when used correctly.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #7
Major Player

Thanks John and Noa for watching and for the feedbacks..

@John - 3 manned cameras, you just gave me an idea about the film burns, rear camera was manned by a new employee however fixed it up for the clients copy..i'll play around with what you suggested for the old film look..appreciate your input..

@Noa -for sure no doubt ! If the FX1000 is good enough for JMagbanua it should be good enough for us...although the new Sony HXR-NX5U NXCAM is so tempting to buy..

Cheers!
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:44 AM   #8
Major Player

Very excited about the NX5U, but am a little concerned that the ingest software does not support 64-bit o/s yet. Hope they upgrade that soon. Can't wait to hear the first impressions for this cam. You never know when they switch to a new format how it will turn out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-HD1000