V1 Limitations - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old April 17th, 2008, 05:56 AM   #91
Major Player

problems with the ois

I am having the exact same problem as you had franscis, with two V1 's . One jump actually ocurres during a pan and the effect is far worse on the lcd then on tape. It does not do it always but sometimes. The other camera gives an at the end of an pan problem. I am talking about handheld movements. We (the broadcast company I work for) are thinking of replacing them with an other model because they have been returned to sony for software upgrades etc but still they come back with this problem. I am starting to think they are faulty because I have heard of other users that do not have this problem. So this thread has made up my mind to push Sony (and our supplier) for replacements.

director/cameraman

http://www.slingerlandproductions.nl
David Slingerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:05 PM   #92
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Slingerland View Post
I am having the exact same problem as you had franscis, with two V1 's . One jump actually ocurres during a pan and the effect is far worse on the lcd then on tape. It does not do it always but sometimes. The other camera gives an at the end of an pan problem...
(THIS WAS POSTED BEFORE I READ SOME OF THE LATER POSTS. EXPLAINS WHY OUR CAMERAMAN WASN'T REALLY AS BAD ON THE MERLIN OR CRANE AS HE THOUGHT HE WAS...NOW HE CAN BLAME IT ON THE V1)

Now here is an interesting thing. We just returned from a two week shoot up at a beautiful forest garden location in Parana, Brazil. On one of the slow pan shots off a tripod, we saw what appeared to be poor handling by our V1 cameraman on both the builtin LCD and a 7" Marshall HD LCD. He finally got frustrated and called me over, so I tried my rusty old hand at this hard, long zoom-in/pan from across a lake. We were tracking a couple as they walked left to right and the camera image would jerk suddenly every few seconds during the pan! We were quite alarmed and finally decided to change the shot to something easier.

Lo and behold, when we reviewed this footage on a large LCD later, there were no "jerks", all 7 of the takes were good, and the cameraman had done a very nice job indeed!

Explain that... (DID THAT AT THE BEGINNING NOW...)

Last edited by Chris Hurd; April 22nd, 2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Finally read the other posts.... :(
Stephen Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #93
Inner Circle

Francis,

Did you ever get your camera sent in for repair? If so what was the result?

I mention this because the OIS on my camera has started to act up lately and is jumping around some now when I'm shooting hand held. Its not because I'm all that steady either! ;)

Chris

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7