24p with FCP 5.1.4 -- yes you can at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old November 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM   #1
HDV Cinema

24p with FCP 5.1.4 -- yes you can

While I always encourage folks to upgrade applications -- the plain fact is that I know many who can't afford to upgrade to FCS2. And, for those who only use FCP, the upgrade seems very expensive.

Now that 6.0.2 is out with 24p support -- do you need to upgrade. No.

My "Sony V1-FX7 Handbook" has complete instructions on how to remove 2-3 pulldown. So you can continue to use 5.1.4.

What about Avid Media Composer and Xpress Pro HD? After much effort -- I finally gave up. Likewise with Avid Liquid and Premiere Pro CS3.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7