DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/)
-   -   V1E and NewZealand and Malaysia (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-hvr-v1-hdr-fx7/108146-v1e-newzealand-malaysia.html)

Max Volki November 16th, 2007 05:56 PM

V1E and NewZealand and Malaysia

Anybody here, from down under?

As far as I know you use V1P (Pacific)
Where is the difference to V1E (Europe-PAL)

What do I have to consider, in February/March in NZ, and then on a tropical Island?

volki

Logan McMillan November 18th, 2007 05:47 PM

Hey Volki,

I run a production company, Gorilla Pictures, in Christchurch, New Zealand www.gorillapictures.co.nz. We shoot with the Sony V1P - and as far as I'm aware there is no difference apart from the letter between the V1P & V1E.

February / March is around the hotter part of the year here (which is not that hot - around mid 20's degrees cellcious).

If you need any help or advice with a shoot you are doing in NZ feel free to email me.

logan@gorillapictures.co.nz

Cheers

Max Volki November 19th, 2007 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logan McMillan (Post 777676)
Hey Volki,
I run a production company, Gorilla Pictures, in Christchurch, New Zealand www.gorillapictures.co.nz. We shoot with the Sony V1P - and as far as I'm aware there is no difference apart from the letter between the V1P & V1E.
February / March is around the hotter part of the year here (which is not that hot - around mid 20's degrees cellcious).
If you need any help or advice with a shoot you are doing in NZ feel free to email me.
logan@gorillapictures.co.nz Cheers

Thanks Logen

We, a group from Germany, Austria and Switzerland, will start a 30 day Camper tour trough NZ, middle of February to middle of March, starting in Christchurch and ending in Auckland.

If possible, I will try to make a docu about this trip.

On my way back, I will make a stopover in Singapore and visit Malaysia’s islands of Tioman.

As I have never been shooting in tropical environment, Malaysia’s East coast is supposed to be that, is there anything special I should bring a long?

volki

Drew Long November 19th, 2007 08:07 AM

The east coast of malaysia should be just coming out of the wet season around then and so I'd bring rain gear just in case.
The island of Tioman itself isn't all that impressive (being a resort island). The Taman Negara (national Park) in Terengganu is pretty nice. There's some interesting game there as well so I'd bring a teleconverter. Obviously a wideangle lens would be gpod as well.
Just remember that if you keep your cameras indoors in a/c, coming out to the humid heat may cause lens fog and perhaps even humidity warning on the camera.

Lee Berger November 19th, 2007 08:08 AM

Humidity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Volki (Post 777847)
As I have never been shooting in tropical environment, Malaysia’s East coast is supposed to be that, is there anything special I should bring a long?

Max,
Be aware that moving your camera from an air conditioned environment to the humid outdoors may cause your camera to shut down due to excessive condensation (dew sensor). Here in Florida where summer temps reach 38 degrees Celsius and humidity of 99% I have had to wait 20-minutes or more for my camera to become operational. This can happen even in the relatively cooler mornings. I try to leave my camera in a non air conditioned environment the evening or an hour or so before shooting. Good luck.

Lee

Marcus Marchesseault November 19th, 2007 04:15 PM

I had a shoot on Maui where I was staying upcountry where it is about 15 degrees F cooler than where we were shooting. The first day I had condensation on my 35mm lenses so for the second day I held the lenses in front of the car's heater while we were driving. By the time we got to the shoot on the second day, everything was fine. You might want to keep your camera in it's case and put it in a warm and dry environment like a car for an hour before you take it out of it's case. I haven't had trouble with my cameras in Hawaii because I keep my camera in it's case for a while when I transition from cool to warm.

Max Volki November 20th, 2007 02:05 AM

Thank you all for your advise

volki

Steve Mullen November 20th, 2007 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Volki (Post 777847)

Don't worry too much. I shoot in west Malaysia almost every year.

1. Keep your camera in its case while in a hotel.

2. try to shield it from the a.c -- like in a drawer. the goal is to keep it from getting too cold.

3. as you travel to where you are shooting incrementally open the camera bag letting the humid air slowly enter the bag.

Ahmad Faiq Fuehrer February 3rd, 2008 02:32 PM

hi guys, I'm Faiq from Malaysia, 25 years old. if any of you are coming to peninsular Malaysia, just let me know. i stay in Selangor, west-coast of Malaysia. i would like to meet any of you guys if you are coming. right now, i own a Sony V1P, an 8 ft crane kit from Kessler crane ( a wonderfull stuff i should say), Manfrotto 3193 tripod with 503 fluid head, lighting equipments from Cool Lights ( 2 Fluorescent lights portable version 455P and 255P, and 1 CDM fesnel/ballast hard light), Sennheiser MKH-416 shotgun with all the accessories including boom, etc.

so if you guys are coming, any place in peninsular Malaysia, just let me know. i really wish to learn from you guys as i'm new in this field. i can also lend my stuff or help you in doing your assingment, i would love to. so, see you guys soon !!!

-Faiq

Khairun Lamb April 8th, 2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahmad Faiq Fuehrer (Post 819501)
hi guys, I'm Faiq from Malaysia, 25 years old. if any of you are coming to peninsular Malaysia, just let me know. i stay in Selangor, west-coast of Malaysia. i would like to meet any of you guys if you are coming. right now, i own a Sony V1P, an 8 ft crane kit from Kessler crane ( a wonderfull stuff i should say), Manfrotto 3193 tripod with 503 fluid head, lighting equipments from Cool Lights ( 2 Fluorescent lights portable version 455P and 255P, and 1 CDM fesnel/ballast hard light), Sennheiser MKH-416 shotgun with all the accessories including boom, etc.

so if you guys are coming, any place in peninsular Malaysia, just let me know. i really wish to learn from you guys as i'm new in this field. i can also lend my stuff or help you in doing your assingment, i would love to. so, see you guys soon !!!

-Faiq

Hey man.

Dude you seem to be interested in filming with all that gear you have. Would like to chat with you sometime. Am a videographer myself with quite a few years under my belt belt. drop me an email with your mobile no and we will chat further. lamb@creativenation.com.my

Cheers,

Lamb