Manfrotto 521 controller issues w/ V1U - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson Gameiro View Post
Stelios,
Claire,

thanks for the info. I'm trying to contact my camera supplier to ask on a how to firmware upgrade. Do you know if it is something that one can do at home via USB or MemoryStick?

Thanks,
Regards,
Nelson
Nelson, I really doubt it would be something so simple for us mortals. Umm, I cannot be certain though...
Old January 9th, 2008, 05:59 PM   #17
New Boot

Hello all,

finally I got my item back without having to pay nickle. I'm sad I had to adopt the old brute force strategy (send emails to international distributors until someone forwared it to superior Manfrotto product managers).

I haven't had the oppurtunity to test it yet because camera is being used right now.
I remember Stelios asking for S/N, so here goes: 009882
When I test it, I will update you.

Thanks Manfrotto for supporting customers! ;)

Regards,
Nelson
Nelson Gameiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #18
New Boot

Ok, so I tested it.

Works like a charm! Everything seems compatible now with FX7. I didn't have to update my camera's firmware as someone once said Manfrotto recommended.

For me it's done. :)
Nelson Gameiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks guys

Thanks to all,
I returned the manfrotto controller, and picked up the sony RM-1BP. It works perfectly, and does everything i wanted it to do. (And it doesn't shut down my camera!) But thanks for all the tips, and I will probably send my v1 in to sony to get the firmware fixed.
Old February 4th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #20
New Boot

The 521 works just fine with the V1U. If your 521 is powering down the V1U, send the 521 to Manfrotto and they will replace it for free with an updated version. Simple fix.

I know, as I went through this and thought there was something wrong with my V1U. There wasn't. It was the 521, and it just needed to be upgraded.

Another thread here about this very same issue: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...t=88277&page=2
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #21
Major Player

Is there any advantage to the varizoom or other brand LANC zoom controllers vs. the Sony RM-1BP?

The Sony one seems to be the same price or even less expensive than the other brands out there.
D.J. Ammons is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7