Bebob ZOE DVXL at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 7th, 2008, 07:00 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Bebob ZOE DVXL

Does this remote work with the V1E anyone know for sure?
Deniz Ahmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

I have not used it, but there's no reason why it shouldn't work with the Sony V1.

This controller is switchable between Panasonic and LANC (Sony or Canon) control jacks, so you'd have to make sure that it's properly set to the LANC position in order to work with the V1.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #3
Trustee

The DVXL works fine with my V1E, all functions work correctly.

I bought my V1E last September. I understand this may have a newer firmware, and there may be issues with older V1E models, but I cannot verify this.
Old January 12th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Got one now and can confirm it works 100%
Deniz Ahmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Major Player

Bebob Zoe DVXL problems

I bought one in 12/2006, been using it at least once a month since then on a Sony HVR-A1u.
A couple months ago, I noticed it no no longer zoomed consistently, but would "stutter". I thought it was me being inconsistent.
Well last weekend while on a shoot, the speed governor wheel fell inside the unit!
This was a well maintained unit, I am not commercial, but do charity stuff as in-kind donation, so I am not really knocking it about like in my commercial days.
I e-mailed them, but no response so far. I am hoping because they are small company, perhaps they are all at NAB and will respond next week. But this should not have occurred, esp in middle of a shoot... so am disappointed.

While it worked, it was great -- could do amazing creep zooms. I'll let you know how goes.
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Trustee

This happened me too, recently. I can only presume the wheel got a knock and the connector to the potentiometer on the circuit board sheared off. It was stuck on the slowest speed which was made life interesting to say the least.

The wheel is sort of protected by two moulded plastic ridges, so it must've got a direct hit. Maybe this is a design flaw, given that I'm not the only one this has happened to.

I pondered what to do with it, and ended up constructing a Heath Robinson repair using the tip of a small jeweller's screwdriver superglued through the wheel into the pot. on the PCB.

It works perfectly, but it doesn't inspire confidence!
Old April 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #7
Major Player

Bebob ZOE DVXL

"It was stuck on the slowest speed which was made life interesting to say the least."

Ditto here - right in the middle of the shoot, as I was adjusting it... good thing it a volunteer job I was doing.

I'll try to go the "official" route and post results here.
James Harring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I was considering buying this one, but then I read that the focus control speed is fixed and not pressure-sensitive...

There are any LANC controllers that can control focus in a more precise way?
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Yes its works fine I have one also.
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #10
Major Player

Late update

I owe the 16:9 guys the courtesy of letting you know that they stood behind the product and replaced it with a new unit. I've not tried others, but can advise I really liked the feel of the unit. Very responsive to the touch, very intuitive.
James Harring is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7