4:3 guide lines FX7? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 7th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #1
New Boot

4:3 guide lines FX7?

I can set these when in SD but really need them in HD as i was outputting to 4:3 i cant find the option anywhere?

anyone found them or am i being stupid? will i have to resort to rubber bands, tape or something equally Neanderthal.
Tom Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Major Player

with the unit set to camera, press menu, then make sure its on the display set icon, press the jog dial, scroll down to marker and if you want the rule of thirds grid, select guideframe and if you wantthe mark in the center, select center. Thats about it!
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 05:25 AM   #3
New Boot

yea i had found those but was hoping for 4:3 guide lines to show me where the
what would be recorded if i was shotting in 4:3

I.e a horisontal line on each side of the screen i know the FX1 has it and the V1 so i dont see why it would not be on the FX7 but i cnat find it anywhere.
Tom Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:18 AM   #4
Major Player

To be honest, I have never seen anything like that in the menu of the FX7. But then again, I have never shot in standard dv with it, so I am not sure. But I don't believe the camera has those.
Damon Gaskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7