Well, I'm safe for now. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 11th, 2008, 10:40 AM   #1
Major Player

Well, I'm safe for now.

As CES draws to a close, it looks like no new replacement for the FX7. So my impending purchase of an FX7 is safe for the foreseeable future (kinda had my hopes up though for something new).
For those who can afford it, there is always the Z7 and the EX1....too much $ for my blood though.

Best wishes for you all out there.

Mike
Mike Burgess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Thank God! I have my FX-7 only for 4 months. Let us enjoy the moment! :p
Marcelo Lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Burgess View Post
As CES draws to a close, it looks like no new replacement for the FX7.
Heck, I try very hard NOT to play that game. I bought my PD170 just a few months before they announced the HDV cameras--kind of a bummer there.

On the flip side, I just went and bought a canon HV20 knowing that the HV30 was right around the corner--the differences in features and price made it obvious that the HV20 is the way to go. Its available and its quality is known. HV30 ?

Buy what you need now, there is no way of knowing what your needs will be in the future--no matter how carefully you plan.
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Tejral View Post
Heck, I try very hard NOT to play that game. I bought my PD170 just a few months before they announced the HDV cameras--kind of a bummer there.

On the flip side, I just went and bought a canon HV20 knowing that the HV30 was right around the corner--the differences in features and price made it obvious that the HV20 is the way to go. Its available and its quality is known. HV30 ?

Buy what you need now, there is no way of knowing what your needs will be in the future--no matter how carefully you plan.

Of course, there is no way to keep up with technology. As for me, I am no different from any other normal guy; got to have the latest that I can afford. Most of the time, this has nothing to do with need. I like the FX7 very much and will no doubt be very happy with it, but...what if they came out with....that improves the following....for a respectable price of....which I can afford. And so it goes. Perhaps a new hobby would help....umm, maybe not.

Of course there is always Murphys Law that will activate as soon as I get my FX7. At that moment, Sony will announce a new replacement for the FX7 with a whole package of wonderful improvements. (sigh)

I am now following the formula that I followed two years ago when I bought my plasma tv. And that is: Buy now, enjoy now.

Best wishes to all.
Mike
Mike Burgess is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7