Music Video - "tear in the pocket" by the LOYD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old September 29th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Music Video - "tear in the pocket" by the LOYD

Hi!

I'd like to share with everyone the first music video done by me and my company with the (great) help from one of the members of the band, Portugal da Costa.
I was co-director, D.P. and editor.

The video was entirely shot with a single Sony HVR-V1, in 1080i50, then de-interlaced (I still find that 1080p25 on this camera still suffers from some of the good old oil-painting effect).
Editing was in Final Cut Pro, in Apple Intermediate Codec (no ProRes here yet). I used Multicam for editing the scenes of the band's performance (works really good).

Here are the links for the video on youtube and exposure room (hiiighly recommendable).
Any questions and comments are welcome.

Youtube: YouTube - the LOYD - Tear In the Pocket
Exposure Room (HD available): the LOYD - Tear In the Pocket By Portugal da Costa On ExposureRoom

Thank you,
Sergio Barbosa.
Sergio Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #2
Major Player

looks great. sometimes it looks like you used an adapter and sometimes you didnt. i know the V1 has a much deeper DOF. what did you use for color correction?
Alan Ortiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2008, 03:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks. I didn't use any adapter..Just tried to make the most out of it's capabilities (zoomed in, aperture open, big distance between subject and background).
I did use the Raynox hd7062pro 0.7x converter for some of the shots...
Color correction was done with Magic Bullet Looks.
Old November 1st, 2008, 01:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Nice work! I viewed the full HD version and it looked great. Good story concept.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:52 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it.
I think the story's very good too (it came from the other director, Portugal da Costa). It reaches a subject that despite all the openness in our society, is still hard to approach.
Old December 30th, 2008, 11:12 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Nice Work Sergio

Really nice, my friend. Especially great testimonial to those looking to do some great work on a budget. Hats off!

--C
Chuck Doud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:13 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi, and thank you for you support!
It really was a no-budget job, but that doesn't mean it has to be bad.
Especially in music videos, there's just so much we cand do with so little resources. All it takes is a fertile imagination.
Old January 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Amen

Amen Sergio!

It's a sign of the times to be able to do things like this with no Budget. A local band I know had a music video produced out in LA with a nice CineAlta that cost them upward of 60K and it does not look half as good as the work you did...sure theirs has that movie trailer film look...but the color on yours just POPS and for what my opinion is worth...YOU ROCKED IT.

--C
Chuck Doud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:06 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Wow I'm impressed! I have been asked to do some music vids, but I don't really know where to start. I have a PC but I guess I need to get FCP!
Garry Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7