Help me with the pull down!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 8th, 2008, 09:18 PM   #1
Tourist

Help me with the pull down!!!

Hello everybody,

I just shot a video in the Amazon (near Manaus, Brazil) using the V1 24p mode and then i digitalized to FCP 6.04 using the easy set up HDV 24P

It really removed the pull down and made most my footage progressive scan
When importing the clips to the timeline, i said NO to the message asking me to change the timeline with the clip setings, then it created a timeline 24fps, just like my footage was supposed to be

The problem is that a half the clips, (the other half is correct!!!) when i put in the timeline they REPEAT a frame, every four frames... it is as if the pull down is being removed wrongly in a half of the clips.
It's really strange, because when i go frame by frame in the "player window" in all the clips I see that it repeat a frame every FIVE frames, then this frame is removed when i import this clip in the timeline... but in some clips, the frame removed is a good one, not a repeated one...

Thanks for any help

"English is not my mother language..."
Thiago Lucena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 10:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Help me with the pull down!!!

The only way you can have FC remove the pulldown properly is to capture recorded 24pA material as Pro Rez. If you recorded 24p then you are stuck with the 24p look as 29:97, 60i. And unless you plan on a film out then you should forget about removing the pulldown, as any NTSC monitor will need it before you can see it. However I hear Sony Vegas will remove pulldown from the 24p record mode if it is that important to you.

Michael Palmer
Michael Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
The only way you can have FC remove the pulldown properly is to capture recorded 24pA material as Pro Rez. If you recorded 24p then you are stuck with the 24p look as 29:97, 60i. And unless you plan on a film out then you should forget about removing the pulldown, as any NTSC monitor will need it before you can see it. However I hear Sony Vegas will remove pulldown from the 24p record mode if it is that important to you.

Michael Palmer

Thanks!

But why some clips are 24 fps without repeating any frame and other clips (recorded 24p as well) repeat a frame every 4 frames?

Now I am editing in a 29'97 fps timeline, and all clips are repeating a frame every 5 frames... which is better than repeating a frame every 4 frames
Thiago Lucena is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7