exp1/exp2/iris/ae shift? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old January 20th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Regular Crew

exp1/exp2/iris/ae shift?

As a newbie which setting would be best for me to assign to the exposure/iris dial?

I'm shooting a doco and would like to be able to zoom in /set exposure /zoom out and continue (though reading some of the threads here I'm thinking that may not be possible on any setting?) In any case is one of these settings more idiotproof than the others?

thanks
Leonie Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:15 AM   #2
Major Player

I like to use iris only, it reduces the changes made when using the other settings. so now when you check the auto settings and then want to go manual its a little faster for me.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:29 AM   #3
Major Player

Yeah. Like Hugh said. I use the "Iris" setting.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks. My manual confused me a bit by saying under the exposure 2 setting: "select this function if you do not want fuzzy display caused by high-gain... the gain and shutter speed remain fixed"... I've been spending ages trying to figure out how to adjust the gain manually in exposure 2. And there it was in the iris setting!

BTW, when I set the gain to a fixed value, I am dialling up that actual level of gain at that actual moment, right, I'm not setting a theoretical limit for the camera?
Leonie Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2009, 07:25 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonie Reynolds View Post
BTW, when I set the gain to a fixed value, I am dialling up that actual level of gain at that actual moment, right, I'm not setting a theoretical limit for the camera?
Correct. It will not be a camera adjusted variable gain limit.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7