Help SPEND my Money! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help SPEND my Money!

Hi fellas,

I need some help. I have never bought an hd monitor. So now that I have chosen my camera and computer editing software and have some footage. I need a monitor. I'm not sure what to look for. I see 5ms and 2ms and so on. I would like to stay in the 21-24in range.

Thanks fellas have fun spending my money...lol

I was looking at these two:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236052

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236053

Last edited by Michael Cox; February 17th, 2009 at 05:32 PM.
Michael Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #2
New Boot

If you are deciding between those 2, it really doesn't matter. Those are both excellent monitors, and the only difference is size and price. The timings you see are response time, which both of those are 5ms. You won't really notice the difference between 2ms and 5ms. Just stay under 10ms at the most.
Shadi Rayyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadi Rayyan View Post
If you are deciding between those 2, it really doesn't matter. Those are both excellent monitors, and the only difference is size and price. The timings you see are response time, which both of those are 5ms. You won't really notice the difference between 2ms and 5ms. Just stay under 10ms at the most.

Thanks Shadi,

I am not sold on those two just what I have found so far. Is there something else you would recomend?
I also noticed that they are 1080p and the FX7 is as you know 1080i. Is there going to be a problem ther?

Thanks again
Michael Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #4
New Boot

I don't really have anything to recommend. Just make sure it 1920 x 1080 or above, response time is below 10ms, and it's bigger than 21 inches. The more space you have, the easier is it to work with your footage.

The 1080p on your monitor won't be a problem with the camera. It will play fine.
Shadi Rayyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #5
Trustee

Michael

Have a look at this monitor as well:
Samsung SyncMaster 206BW LCD Monitor reviews - CNET Reviews

Stelios

P.S. Oops. No HDMI input!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7