First shots with my new FX-7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old May 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM   #1
Major Player

First shots with my new FX-7

I just got my FX-7 last week and took it to a Hip Hop battle over the weekend. I'm putting some shots on my YouTube page YouTube - DStoney's Channel
No correction just manual shooting on location. It's taking me a lot of time to edit and make files for YouTube. I think I'm liking the Divx files a little more than WMV. I had trouble with H.264 not working as well as I wanted.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #2
New Boot

GNU free software

Hey, I loved watching those folks breakdancing!

You mentioned using the free windows software DivX, you might wanna try some GNU non-linear editing software, they are free too, but only Avidemux is available for windows operating system. Avidemux - Main Page

You might wanna consider ditching windows and switching to linux. Ubuntu is an easy linux operating system with lots of forums and helpful community support and gives you access to a bunch of great free video editing software (kdenlive.org or cinelerra.org), 3d imaging software (blender.org) for making 3-d cartoons, image editing software (gimp.org) for making posters/flyers/dvdjackets, vector graphics software, etc.

Thanks for posting FX7 shots.
Nastassja Noell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #3
Trustee

are you serious about editing on linux!?
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks. I haven't done any editing with a Linux program yet, as most of them that I have seen are still very basic. The editing is much of a problem, it was encoding a final file to upload to YouTube. I like how the Divx looks good and encodes pretty fast.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7