I knew this would happen (FX7) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 4th, 2009, 02:15 AM   #1
New Boot

I knew this would happen (FX7)

I predicted, soon after I bought my FX7, that the first thing that would give trouble would be the flip out screen. It's now become unilluminated, presumably because some of the connections have given up. By fooling around with the angle of the screen I can sometimes get the backlight to light up so I can see what's happening, sometimes not. However, sometimes when doing this the camera "reboots" - you hear the clunk you hear when you switch it off, and then it immediately comes back on.

Any experiences of this sort of thing? Any user-fixes? Is it just dirt? Worth experimenting with a screwdriver? Or do I now have the justification to get myself that EX1?
Alan Dunlop-Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:35 AM   #2
Trustee

exactly what have you been doing with your screen?

after countless lcd screen'd sony cameras i have never had a problem with one, even when regularly twisted to display out.

but hey, any excuse to get an ex1 is fine by me ;-)
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:32 AM   #3
Inner Circle

You knew this would happen? How?

Like Leslie I've never heard of the screen going bad on a camera though it obviously happened to you.

It should be returned immediately to Sony for repair.

If you can afford an EX1 and can benefit from it I can't even imagine fooling around with the FX7. Go for it.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #4
Trustee

and if you do get an ex1, DON'T do what you were doing with the screen on your fx7!!!! cause there's really no difference....
Leslie Wand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 01:21 AM   #5
Major Player

The lcd went on a HC1 i had after 2 years i dont know how long you have had your FX7 i have had mine over two and a half years now no trouble touch wood.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:05 AM   #6
Regular Crew

EX1 I want 1!

If thats all it takes is to tear up your LCD, count me in....
Garry Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7