HELP!!! MINIDV HDV import problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

HELP!!! MINIDV HDV import problem

OK. Big Problem. I have my first wedding to shoot in two weeks. I rented a Sony HVR-V1U for the weekend to get myself familiar with the camera so I won't have any mishaps at the wedding. Camera puts out some beautiful images by the way.
Problem #1: FCP 6 working on a 2008 MacPro. FCP will not recognize the camera nor will the computer.
Problem #2: The camera has only 2 ways to actually get data into the computer. One is via USB and the other has whats called a DV/HDV I.Link. One I don;t have a Ilink on my MAc Pro. Two, the USB doen't work Like I mentioned earlier the computer does not recognoze it.
Problem #3: I read in the instruction manual that you cannot bring in footage Via USB. And on other forums and here it seems that everyone brings in there footage via firewire. I have Firewire ports on my MacPRo ( i have 400 and 800) problem is that the camera itself does not have a firewire port to connect too.
So how do I bring my footage in? Please I need answers because I need to prepare myself.
FYI- I do not have a Sony Deck.

Tom
Tom Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
You'll need to use the 4 pin Firewire port on the back of the camera to transfer footage. You'll need a 6 pin (computer side) to 4 pin (camera side) cable.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 04:26 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Shaun,
Thank you so much. I just came back from Best Buy got the cable and everything works perfectly. Thank you so much. You saved me a great deal of aggravation.

Tom
Tom Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Marks View Post
You saved me a great deal of aggravation.
Strange... normally I'm accused of CAUSING aggravation...

No problem. Sony has named IEEE1394/Firewire400 as i.Link, normally over a 4 pin connector. We USED to hear a lot more of i.Link back 10 years ago. It's since SORT OF fallen out of common usage.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7