Major Help with my V1U at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Major Help with my V1U

Hey guys I have another problem with my camera

The wedding I shot last week, I used two cameras the HVR-V1U and the HVR-Z1U (had to use this last second)

Now, I had to return the Z1U to the rental store, but my 2nd shooter gave me all his DV tapes that he shot with that camera... I was under the assumption that all the tapes from the Z1U would play in my V1U...but when I put the tapes in, it just says "change tape format'...and any setting I try to change, it always says the same thing.

So Im in a very tough spot right now, because I really need to work on the video quick, but this is holding me back. Do you know what I can do?

Thanks a million guys...
Rishi Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:59 PM   #2
Major Player

The error message sounds as though you are trying to play tapes recorded as SD (720x486) with the camera set for HDV (1440x1080), or vice-versa.
Alan Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #3
Equal Opportunity Offender

Interesting. Playback mode should be auto by default as far as SD or HD goes.

I was thinking that for some reason it might be a PAL vs NTSC kind of thing. At least if you have a proper HDV deck you can always reboot in a 50i or 60i mode, etc.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 06:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Playback error

Rishi, did you ever figure out any solution to the playback problem ? It would have to be a playback selection on the menu. Try resetting to default settings if everthing else fails. Good Luck GM
Garry Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7