Music Video shot with V1+Z1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old February 11th, 2010, 07:15 AM   #1
Major Player

Music Video shot with V1+Z1

Hey chaps,

So i went up to Phoenix Sound inside the magnificent Pinewood Studios last week to DP a music video + behind the scenes footage for up and coming artist James Flannigan. This was a totally non-profit promo project for the artist, everyone involved was working for free - sound engineers, producers, musicians, crew - but we did get a tour round Pinewood!

Most of all it gave me a chance to bolster my resume / portfolio, and the first time i have ever 'directed' anything - so as an aspiring camera op its just good experience.

We shot a total of 5 tracks in the same style. They wanted a 'live at abbey road' feel to it, so with our limited resources (only the studio lights, no steadicams, no dolly's etc) we did what we could, mostly hand-held. The editing however for this particular track was out of my hands and i'm not particularly happy with the pace and variety of shots she used (also looks like she rendered it wrong somewhere down the line as there are lines at the top and bottom of the screen) but overall she did okay.

The other 4 tracks (his own music) are currently being edited by myself and the second camera op who happens to be a good friend of mine. I will update this thread when they are available. Enjoy.

James Flannigan - Biffy Clyro cover Many of Horror.
YouTube - Many of Horror

jamesoliver. on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:24 AM   #2
Regular Crew

re-upload in the proper aspect ratio. that is INCORRECT. it is obviously stretched.

also, something is going on in the upper portion of the matte. a line of yellow.

will watch with fresh eyes once it's correct.

looks and sounds promising so far...
Justin Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #3
Major Player

Yep, i've just been talking to the producer, it looks like we're going to be completely re-doing this particular track. As he's a musician he's pointed out a few errors in the overall sync and he's asked me to do an edit.
Jordan Brindle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7