help c:32:11 error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old March 24th, 2010, 06:00 AM   #1
New Boot

help c:32:11 error

HI

i need advice, i was filming with my camera yesterday, everything fine, I went to use it today, I when to change tapes and now i get the c:32:11 error on my camera , i will not do anything ,

I have seen on the internet this has happened to other low end sony cameras , and they hit the camera hard and it works again ,

but as you know, im not really going to start to bash my to bits.

please help
Lee D. Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Trustee

Violence is never the answer

Sorry to hear of your problems, Lee.

I have come across the "slap-a-Sony" site when I had the dreaded C:32:11 code but I would agree that tactic is no more to be recommended than "kick-your-Canon," "punch-your-Panny" or "jab-your-JVC-up-the-jacksie" (though the stories make for funny reading - especially the ones where people have beaten their camera to death).

The code is for a tape path error and you need a competent technician to look at the camera. In late 2007 I was advised that Sony charge a hefty flat rate for this sort of thing (sorry, can't remember exactly how much, but it seemed a tad eye-watering at the time). I found a camera shop able to do it for rather less but it was not an economic repair in my case as the camera had other problems.

If you can't eject the tape, then removing the battery pack with the tape compartment open then connecting the AC adaptor instead after a long pause seems to work on some models. On others just taking out the battery and replacing it might work. Pressing the reset button if you have one might also help. Sorry I don't know your model of Sony.

In my opinion, once this error has appeared on a Sony, it's likely to happen again unless the tape path is checked and adjusted. It may just be a once off but I wouldn't feel I could rely on the camera until it had been inspected.

EDIT: On checking back, it was a slightly different error code I had. Here's the list of Sony error codes I posted before when this came up before:
Quote:
C 04 00 Non-standard battery is used. Use the info LITHIUM battery.
C 21 00 Condensation. Remove the cassette, and insert it again after one hour.
C 22 00 Video head is dirty. Clean with the optional cleaning cassette.
C 31 10 LOAD direction. Loading does not complete within specified time Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 11 UNLOAD direction. Loading does not complete within specified time Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 20 T reel side tape slacking when unloading. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 21 Winding S reel fault when counting the rest of tape. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 22 T reel fault. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 23 S reel fault. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 24 T reel fault. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 30 FG fault when starting capstan. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 40 FG fault when starting drum. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 31 42 FG fault during normal drum operations. Load the tape again, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 20 T reel side tape slacking when unloading. Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 21 Winding S reel fault when counting the rest of tape. Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 22 T reel fault. Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 23 S reel fault. Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 24 T reel fault. Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 30 FG fault when starting capstan. Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 40 FG fault when starting drum Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
C 32 42 FG fault during normal drum operations Remove the battery or power cable, connect, and perform operations from the beginning.
E 61 00 Difficult to adjust focus Inspect the lens block focus reset sensor
E 61 10 Zoom operations fault Inspect the lens block zoom reset sensor
E 62 00 Steadyshot function does not work well. Inspect pitch angular velocity sensor
E 62 01 Steadyshot function does not work well. Inspect yaw angular velocity sensor
The source of these is slightly dubious, so caution is advised. Some say the "C" error code issues can be fixed by the user and expert help is not required but if error codes appear with more than one individual tape, I would want it looked at.

Last edited by Colin McDonald; March 24th, 2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Correction/addition
Colin McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 04:59 AM   #3
New Boot

Repair

HI , The model im using is sony HVR V1p im guessing i will send it away to be fixed , does any body have idea on how much this will cost. plus i looking for a good repair shop near the Dorset area .

I have tried so many times , reset etc , but no such luck .
Lee Turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Talk to Clyde Cunningham, Lee. google him, send him an email. I found him to be very helpful indeed.
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7