Blue footage??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old July 7th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Blue footage???

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what I did to make my footage blue. I was filming this past weekend and after I got home to review the tape I noticed that 2 minute into the footage it all turns a blue tint. The only setting I remember messing with is turning the nd-filter 2 on when it suggested it, but I doubt that its supposed to turn everything a blue tint. Can anyone tell me what I did so I do not run into this issue again. I have uploaded 2 clips that were back to back on the tape so you can see what I am talking about.

And for some reason the videos wont embed at least not in the preview so here is a link to each of them.
Good YouTube - norm
Blue YouTube - blue
Matt McMeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:27 AM   #2
Trustee

Matt, apologies in advance if you have already tried this:

It looks like a simple white balance problem to me. It can be easy to knock those buttons on the back of the V1 depending on how you hold it.

Or, if you are on manual white balance, the ND filter somehow affected how that works, though that never happened to me. In that case, keep in in manual white balance with a daylight preset or use a white card or warm card and perform a full manual white balance.

It does seem pretty extreme though. Have you used the camera since? Is the camera still shooting everything blue?
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

OH MY GOD it was that simple all along. Thank you so much, I am going to have to remember to use the hold switch from now on, and tell my friends not to touch any buttons when they film. I'm really in shock that it was that simple all along.
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #4
Trustee

No worries Matt. You may be able to fix it in your editing software with colour correction, but that might be tricky. It's worth a shot!

I remember spoiling a few good shots on the V1 due to white balance being wrong, just one last thing that I forgot to check. I wish I could blame the camera though! Just my own fat fingers.
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah for me it was either my leg or my friends messing with thing they do not know how to use.
Old July 16th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #6
Major Player

Having Just read this i find it strange you only noticed the blue when you got home,having once owned a FX-7 i know that it and the V1s LCD and viewfinder show accurately whats being recorded.
Martyn Hull is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7