24p edit - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 9th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #31
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck
Thanks for you response. I will definately take a look at Vegas.
I'd strongly suggest Avid Liquid. It was designed from day 1 to edit MPEG-2 and it shows. See my series on Liquid at:

http://digitalcontentproducer.com/newsletters/

It integrates HDV, Dolby 5.1, and DVD creatation all in one application.
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:28 PM   #32
Major Player

I can see shooting in 60i,,,,I really was just trying to understand how I can edit 24p in 60i.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 11:05 PM   #33
HDV Cinema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
so in other camera's you record in 24p you have to edit in 24P. Or in 60i you edit in 60i. So in the V1 every setting you record in is edited in 60i?
Not quite. Everything is recorded in 60i.

You may edit in 60i -- or after removing pulldown, in 24p.
Old October 10th, 2006, 08:20 AM   #34
Major Player

this is from Sony V1 website:

'The 24p scan signals are recorded on tape as 60i signals through means of 2:3 pull-down. Similarly, a 30p scan signal is recorded as a 60i signal by dividing each frame into two fields. This allows your 24p and 30p scan footage to be played back or fed to an editing suite using the thousands of Sony HDV equipment already in use throughout the world.

Leading manufacturers are scheduled to release nonlinear editing software compatible with this 24p scan mode. These nonlinear software can detect the 2-3 sequence and remove the 2-3 properly. This way, the editor can create a 24p project, edit precisely at 24fps (23.98 progressive frames per second) throughout the process, and output the final master as'

So if I understand the V1 the 2:3 pull down happens in the camera the recorded on tape. Then it says it can be played or used on editing equipment already in use.
But then it goes on to say that manufacturers are going to release compatible software for 24p scan mode. So what will work?
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #35
Trustee

"But then it goes on to say that manufacturers are going to release compatible software for 24p scan mode. So what will work?"

Both 60i and 24p should work. I believe all software will currently work with 60i. 24p may need to be implemented in some software, but I'm sure it will happen soon. The V1 footage should be ready for editing on day one. After all, Spot already showed 24p footage at vaast.com which means it can certainly be captured.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:27 PM   #36
Major Player

I talked to Sony. you can record 24p, 30p and both can be edited at 60i on almost anything. Now if you want to have native 24p, then you will need something that can do that. He said all he knows at the moment is Vegas but he said other will follow.

I ask about price. He said somewhere between the A1 and the Z1. B&H has $4200. But maybe that will come down some.

I also read that in maybe it was Studio mag that HBO ran a show called Bagdad ER and the guy used a early model of the V1U. It was HBO's first broadcast that was done entirely in HDV.
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #37
Major Player

here is a link to some of the video from Bagdad ER

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/baghdader/index.html
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:33 PM   #38
Regular Crew

As to price.... when Sony released the PD170 they decided to through in
the wide angle lens with the deal and Sony had a $300 rebate that is still
going on today...

So it'd be nice if Sony does the same thing with the V1...

I'd take one for $4000 and a free wide lens... ;-)

That should be pretty competative to the Canon offer on the A1....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #39
Major Player

They should do something to drop it right below the Canon A1.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7