Potential/rumored Chromakey issues with HDV! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Closed Thread

Old October 1st, 2006, 12:36 AM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Smet
While the SONY V1 is the first true 1080p camera...
I don't know why this keeps getting repeated when we know the sensor is only 960x1080 and the recording format is 1440x1080, while 1080p is 1920x1080. I wish we could all stop using the word "true" in regards to video formats, but I suppose that's not going to happen.
Old October 1st, 2006, 12:46 AM   #32

The sensor is 960 x 1080 in the traditional sense, true. But it's far from a traditional sensor system, and Sony clearly demonstrates why they sample at 1920 x 1080. There aren't any pixels being rescaled, sampled, or otherwise. So in terms of resolution, this is (put into the context it the statement was made) the first 1080p camcorder manufactured for sub 10k in price.

I agree about the "true" comment, as anything that meets the ATSC spec is "true" HD. "True" and "full" are different descriptors, and I'd accept "full" as a descriptor regarding 1080 vs 720 regardless of I vs P.

Either way, this thread is getting further and further off-topic, and therefore, I'm closing it.
Feel free to start a new version of this thread.
http://www.vasst.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7