V1U at any conferences before release? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.

Old October 14th, 2006, 06:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

V1U at any conferences before release?

Does anyone know of a venue where the V1U (and maybe Canon's A1) might be on display before it's released in December? [Ideally, West Coast as that is where I live.]
Gene Latimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Both will be on display at touch & try stations in their respective booths at DV Expo West, in Los Angeles, November 15-17. http://www.dvexpo.com/

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #3
Trustee

Someone should get in there with a video camera and videotape both the Sony booth and the Canon booth to show us which camcorder had the most interest.

I can imagine someone walking in without knowing about the latest camcorder announcements and wondering why Canon is demonstrating a Z1u until they get close enough to see that it’s not a Z1u but an XH-G1/A1. They may actually think that it’s a successor to the Z1u.

Now if only there is a place next to me because California is too far from Massachusetts and in the United States you cant get much further that that.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 01:45 AM   #4
Tourist

Of course CMP (the DV Expo people) abandoned NYC this year.

But we do have this fragment of a NAB post show coming in a few weeks and Sony (software only, I assume) is supposed to be there.

And something new, an "HD World" coming in late November where Sony, Cannon, as well as big-ticket vendors (Quantel, etc.) are supposed to be exhibiting. Will these new cameras be there? Don't know.

Didn't see them at last week's Cine Equip show either (JVC was apparently a no-show there).

As a long-suffering East Coaster who doesn't like to travel, I don't know if I'll live to see some organization (really should be NAB) get some muscle behind these manufactuers and put on a really all-in-one major show every fall. We have far too much fragmentation, turf protection (SMPTE, AES, etc., with their own events).
Marshall Ewig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 06:08 AM   #5
Major Player

Living in Australia has finally shown itself to have one benefit for technology.

Tasman AV in Melbourne has invited their customers to come and see the new V1P on Tuesday 17 October at 2pm and again at 4pm.
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 08:12 AM   #6

the V1U will be at NAB post next week, I'll be there with it, unless for some reason unknown, it fails to make an appearance there.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Anyone coming to Texas with the V1???
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:45 PM   #8
Major Player

Spot I just had a great idea. Maybe Sony will pay for it. Go to all the trade shows and jump out of a plane with the V1! That might be fun.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #9

Great idea, excepting that most tradeshow facilities are fairly deep in a city, and due to laws regarding terrorism/homeland insecurity, we're not permitted to do those kinds of jumps without all sorts of permits, waivers, etc. We were scheduled to jump into the LVCC during NATPE this coming January, but learned a few days ago that it may not be possible, due to new air restrictions. But it would be a hoot, nonetheless.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2006, 05:13 AM   #10
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
the V1U will be at NAB post next week, I'll be there with it, unless for some reason unknown, it fails to make an appearance there.
I assume you'll be hanging out at the Sony (Software) booth? I'm going down tomorrow (Wed) afternoon.

I'd sure like to get a glimpse of the V!, though far more important to me would be seeing some extensive footage -- and please don't take offense, but not necessarily sky diving!

(Maybe I'm just too old, but I fal to understand why all the video marketing people feel they can only sell their hardware/software with clips of extreme sports -- here's mud in your lens!)

You probably won't recognize me -- I met you briefly a year ago (I think) when you were doing one of your teaser presentations here in NYC (at the New Yorker) showing the then-new Z1, Vegas (running on a first gen dual Opteron box, etc.).

I haven't made a final decision on what NLE I will be using in my new box (haven't built it yet), but if it turns out to be Vegas, I would surely consider getting training from you.

As a matter of fact, I see you're scheduled for several seminars at NAB, and FMC smartly offers a freebee for everyone, so maybe I'll sit down for an hour. Something about building a VO booth in your living room? Seriously, I'd like to hear your ideas on improvising in that area. I had a client once with deep pockets but no urge to spend properly, so I had to improvise all sorts of things for VO and other stuff on their desks.
Marshall Ewig is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7