Any USA folks recieve their V1U this week? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7
Pro and consumer versions of this Sony 3-CMOS HDV camcorder.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #16
HDV Cinema
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Tremble
Steve,
Could you shoot some headlights of cars please Steve. I have noticed on several clips now that there is a magenta flare in the 2 o'clock position near the light source. Never seen anything like it before wondered if you could repeat it/ track down what causes it.
Next week, if all goes right, I'll be starting a series of brief reports at camcorderinfo.com about the V1. I've got some shots of headlights that I'll be posting in the first story. Hopefully 2 stories a week.

I'm starting with lack of vertical smear because this is an inherent feature of CMOS.

But, there are always lens flare issues that some up. Some I love because in the old days flare was a creative element. Obviously, there are other times you don't want it. So far I've never seen any.

I usually don't come here until late December so the Monsoon has crimped my outdoor shooting.

---------

I can't comment on the A1 as I only held one for a few minutes. I think the pop-out LCD solves a problem of reaching around the extended LCD. I really like it and the Z1's viewfinder. But, for folks like me with Varifocal glasses -- it is too close to focus on. The 3.5" V1 screen works well for me.

I really have needed the Sony lens hood. Plus, the S-video AV cable. I hope the V1 ships with the premium cable as composite video from HD makes no sense to me.

And, the 570 battery should be standard -- one needs 2 hours. The 590 adds way too much weight -- however, it lasts forever!
__________________
Switcher's Quick Guide to the Avid Media Composer >>> http://home.mindspring.com/~d-v-c
Steve Mullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #17
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Efland NC, USA
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser
Just got off the phone with the ProVideo section of BH and the representative seemed to know what he was talking about - said that the first shipment of the cameras (> 100 units) should arrive at BH next week and be shipped out. The next wave of several hundred units (believe he said 500-600) two weeks later. This was not customer service as they usually can't tell you anything - this was from the sales division and hopefully they would keep up since they are the people selling the product. Let's hope this is for real.
What is the trick to get through to these folks?? I keep getting shifted over to customer service and they can't/won't say anything. :(

Chris
__________________
http://www.LandYachtMedia.com
Chris Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #18
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 427
BH connection

You call the main sales number (800-606-6969) - number 8 on the menu is video - then choose "broadcast video" ( number 2) - then the next submenu choose 1 and it will get you to the provideo (broadcast video) section. They now say there are 200 units coming in on the first shipment and it is more than enough to cover all the preorders. Hopefully we will have the cameras before Christmas.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 06:49 PM   #19
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Efland NC, USA
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser
You call the main sales number (800-606-6969) - number 8 on the menu is video - then choose "broadcast video" ( number 2) - then the next submenu choose 1 and it will get you to the provideo (broadcast video) section. They now say there are 200 units coming in on the first shipment and it is more than enough to cover all the preorders. Hopefully we will have the cameras before Christmas.
Cool! Got my fingers crossed.
__________________
http://www.LandYachtMedia.com
Chris Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #20
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,961
Stop bothering them so they can get back to packing my orders! :)

Thanks for the information.

Chris, when you call, tell them I told you not to call but since you were calling anyway that I suggested that they ship the cameras to the furthest customers first so they all arrive at the same time. I mean, it's not fair for me to have to wait just because I am geographically challenged.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:22 PM   #21
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kula, Hawaii
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
Stop bothering them so they can get back to packing my orders! :)

Thanks for the information.

Chris, when you call, tell them I told you not to call but since you were calling anyway that I suggested that they ship the cameras to the furthest customers first so they all arrive at the same time. I mean, it's not fair for me to have to wait just because I am geographically challenged.
Marcus, I fully support your shipment strategy.
Neal Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #22
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Efland NC, USA
Posts: 2,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
Stop bothering them so they can get back to packing my orders! :)

Thanks for the information.

Chris, when you call, tell them I told you not to call but since you were calling anyway that I suggested that they ship the cameras to the furthest customers first so they all arrive at the same time. I mean, it's not fair for me to have to wait just because I am geographically challenged.
Will do!! ;)

I expect to see some of that awesome footage you are going to shoot with your V1 soon after that package arrives.
__________________
http://www.LandYachtMedia.com
Chris Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:19 AM   #23
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,961
Unfortunately, I may not be able to provide footage right away as I leave on Christmas Eve for Palm Springs (rough life, I know). Perhaps I can taunt you all with some V1/Brevis35 footage during the dead of Winter! (evil laugh echoes off into the distance...) I'll be shooting footage from day one, but won't have a suitable computer until after I get back to Honolulu.

Kula! My favorite place in the world! I also think upcountry Kona is amazing. My good friend and his wife (also good friend) live in Kula. I was over there in August while it was hot as Hades in Honolulu (I complain about 95F, what a wimp) and the weather in Kula is unbelievable. It is 78F with a warm sun and cool breeze in the middle of the day and cools off into the 60s at night for perfect sleeping weather. Apparently, it stays like that almost all year. Also the view is superb. Most people don't even get to see views like that on vacation. Now that there is fast internet service to the area, it is perfection. I was there when West Maui was on fire. I didn't do it. I never even went to that part of the island. I assume you have had some rain since then. Actually, it rained while I was there, just not on the fire.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #24
New Boot
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kula, Hawaii
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
Unfortunately, I may not be able to provide footage right away as I leave on Christmas Eve for Palm Springs (rough life, I know). Perhaps I can taunt you all with some V1/Brevis35 footage during the dead of Winter! (evil laugh echoes off into the distance...) I'll be shooting footage from day one, but won't have a suitable computer until after I get back to Honolulu.

Kula! My favorite place in the world! I also think upcountry Kona is amazing. My good friend and his wife (also good friend) live in Kula. I was over there in August while it was hot as Hades in Honolulu (I complain about 95F, what a wimp) and the weather in Kula is unbelievable. It is 78F with a warm sun and cool breeze in the middle of the day and cools off into the 60s at night for perfect sleeping weather. Apparently, it stays like that almost all year. Also the view is superb. Most people don't even get to see views like that on vacation. Now that there is fast internet service to the area, it is perfection. I was there when West Maui was on fire. I didn't do it. I never even went to that part of the island. I assume you have had some rain since then. Actually, it rained while I was there, just not on the fire.
Thanks, Marcus. My neighbor says Hawaii has the best climate in the world and Kula has the best climate in Hawaii! The Sony V1 would have been handy during the Pali fire but I did get some still shots.
Thanks also for all your discussions of the V1.
Neal Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #25
Trustee
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Honolulu, HI
Posts: 1,961
That reminds me of something! I wasnt' terribly impressed with the footage of the fire from the FX1 due to too much grain. I wonder how the V1 will handle fire due to it's seemingly better color. Whenever I try to shoot fire, it's color is always diminished. If the CMOS in the V1 can get some color in fire, it will be very helpful in my upcoming production.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #26
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 427
Arrival at BH of the HVR-V1U

Provideo sales at BH is now saying Mon or Tues for arrival of V1 - let's hope so!!
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 09:37 AM   #27
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 414
Hi,

I just ordered my V1 from the link above. Payment was accepted and as delivery terms I was given 4 workdays.

Meaning by next week end I will get it!!

I will let you know about the cam and hopefully can post some shots soon.

Cheers!
Zsolt Gordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #28
Major Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 414
geez...the post with the link disappeared in the meantime...hmm..:)
Zsolt Gordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 09:54 AM   #29
Wrangler
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mays Landing, NJ
Posts: 11,542
Welcome to DVinfo Zsolt. Chris removed the link you refered to because it pointed to a vendor which isn't one of our sponsors. Of course there are plenty of places to buy equipment and the choice is yours. However our sponsors make this site possible, so out of respect we confine all discussion of vendors to them. But aside from that, our sponsors have been hand-picked for their integrity, customer service and competitive prices - they really are the "best in the business."

Please don't post links to non-sponsors at DVinfo; if you really feel the need to discuss them then there are plenty of other forums available on the internet. Thanks for your understanding; you will find our full sponsor list here: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:06 AM   #30
Major Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sarasota, Florida
Posts: 427
Sorry about the post

Sorry guys - a newbie to the forum - didn't realize the rules - won't happen again. I do buy all my video equipment from BH for several years now. I was just excited that the V1 is starting to arrive on the shelves in at least one part of the world.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-V1 / HDR-FX7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network